Into The Badlands

Great job patsmear. All the hard work you did seemed to payoff. The fight scenes were great. They made me feel like I was watching a jet Li or Donnie yen movie. I can't wait to see the rest of the episodes.

Only down side, i hate how amc does the coming up next before the commercial breaks. It's like don't show me that, kinda ruins the surprise of a fight. Not your fault at all, unless that your job.

My wife's comment on the trailer:
It looks like a mix between The Matrix, Kill Bill, Crouching Tiger, Mad Max, Pirates of the Caribbean, Book of Eli, and Underworld.

I was like "yup. I'm in. I don't really care if there's a plot!"

Looking forward to it!

Caught this last night, it's definitely my cup of tea. Old school kung fu action with average story and minimal character development. Cuz really, who needs the latter if you're there to watch some good ol' 1v20 buttkicking ;) Fight choreography is where this needs to deliver and the 2 main action scenes in the pilot were fun to watch and pretty darn good for a TV budget. They even carried over the fake looking limb-breaking from the Chinese films :lol Daniel Wu seems to be good enough for the leading man, but I don't think he can carry the show on his own, so rounding out that supporting cast is gonna be pretty important. And while the story thus far doesn't appear to be particularly unique, I think they're keeping enough under wraps to keep viewers engaged for at least the first season, if not longer.

When you think about it, for the TWD male audience, this on paper really does seem like the perfect companion show on the same Sunday night block for AMC.

The extreme over-advertising of it alongside Walking Dead actually did a reverse effect to me wanting to see it. I don't know how many more commercials I can take. I may catch it at some point. I'm so invested in other shows I need to see what people are saying before giving it a go-at.

Tough finding time right now having 2 little ones running around who can't watch that stuff on TV ;)

This show is absolutely fantastic! Great great job patsmear. Will anything from it ever going to come up for sale or whatnot?

Really a great show. I love it.

I'm really glad to see Into the Badlands receiving good reviews as well. I made a few props for this show back in May and was immediately excited after seeing the concept artwork. The weapons and props (especially ones relating to that Azra city symbol) are so intricate. I particularly loved the aesthetic of the Widow's weapons. Tilda as well. Her buttery-fly throwing stars are bitchin'

Overall, I think the production design and choreography on this show is top notch, just hoping the writing will be on the same level.

I've been watching it, and I think I'm...3 episodes in? Good stuff so far. Visually stunning, great fight choreography, terrific costumes and props. The story isn't exactly one for the ages, but I don't get the sense that it's trying to be (yet). It's just meant to be a fun, Saturday Kung Fu Theater-inspired romp, and it delivers in spades on that count.

I hav ebeen watching Into The badlands too. I like the Clippers outfits and the Buterflies blue silk hapi sytled outfits. I think thse are blue on one side and black on the other.

As for Sunny's red leather coat, I need to know of reputable sellar for one of these.

It has been growing on me. I love the looks of it and the choreography

It's great eye candy and the story is entertaining enough

I like Nick Frost's character as a sidekick of sorts for Sunny

Watching Into the Badlands again makes me lament once again the plethora of missed opportunities that was Iron Fist. This last episode's scenes which saw MK fighting himself... man THAT is the kind of fighting I expected in IF.

I watched Season 1 on Netflix after getting bored with IF and yeah, I really enjoyed it as well. Great action scenes and good world building.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back