Netflix Daredevil - Red Suit WIP (Pic Heavy)

Thanks everyone for the awesome comments!

This was a really great project for me. Not only did I get to work with a fab new collaborator, @GraphicJordan, I also go to learn a few new techniques. This is the first time I've ever molded and cast anything in rubber and most certainly the fist time I've ever combined rubber, fabric and metal in this way. The vest was a unique new challenge - making it appear armored within the fabric, but still giving it flexibility and making it lightweight.

This one really pushed me outside my usual 'box' and my comfort zone as far as materials and medium. I'm really pleased with the outcome and I can't wait to get some awesome photos to share.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Loving the build! Atm I am still in progress of my own. I have gotten some enlightened ideas from this thread that i could apply to my currently in build.

Love the details on the boot covers and the gauntlets!

Loving the build! Atm I am still in progress of my own. I have gotten some enlightened ideas from this thread that i could apply to my currently in build.

Love the details on the boot covers and the gauntlets!

Thanks! Do you have thread for your build? I'd love to check it out. :)

It was an honor to work with you on this project Sean, here's to many more!

Thanks everyone for the awesome comments!

This was a really great project for me. Not only did I get to work with a fab new collaborator, @GraphicJordan, I also go to learn a few new techniques. This is the first time I've ever molded and cast anything in rubber and most certainly the fist time I've ever combined rubber, fabric and metal in this way. The vest was a unique new challenge - making it appear armored within the fabric, but still giving it flexibility and making it lightweight.

This one really pushed me outside my usual 'box' and my comfort zone as far as materials and medium. I'm really pleased with the outcome and I can't wait to get some awesome photos to share.

Cheers!

So excited for this to arrive today. Expect some pictures later this evening, everyone :)

Going to get a rooftop shoot together in the next 2-3 weeks

Squee! Shoot me a note and let me know when it's safe in hand. :)

Your work is fantastic as always man! Inspiring me to try out rubber-casting for my next project haha

Thanks man! It's really not as scary as I thought it would be. It's just expensive. Haha. You want to make sure you get it right the first time because you don't want to waste a drop of this stuff.

It was an honor to work with you on this project Sean, here's to many more!

Cheers to that!

We're going to tighten the suit up in a few places. Tired the suit on and its beautiful. We just wanted to make it fit a bit tighter in a few areas. Debut something like this, it's got to be as close to perfect as possible. Sean really outdid himself with this one. Cant wait to show it off

We're going to tighten the suit up in a few places. Tired the suit on and its beautiful. We just wanted to make it fit a bit tighter in a few areas. Debut something like this, it's got to be as close to perfect as possible. Sean really outdid himself with this one. Cant wait to show it off

Yeah, for something that's this fitted and with this many crazy details, there are very few adjustments to make and they are all pretty simple. So glad you like it and, with just a few more tweaks, you'll be ready to kick some major ass! ;)

Man. Evxerything I've seen in this thread so far is outstanding! Makes me wish I knew how sew as I'd love to have one of these for myself.

Great work!

Thanks! Do you have thread for your build? I'd love to check it out. :)

DSC_0358_a.JPG

TestEagle and I owe you a pic. This is a redesigned short sleeve/pants version so you can wear normal knee/elbow pads with gauntlets and riding chaffs.

This is absolutely freaking amazing work! As if the helmet wasn't awesome enough, that suit is just out of this world.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back