Another Rick Grimes Season 3 costume. ***Update Page 2 Pics***

Hillbilly

.Hello this is my first post. I am having a TWD season 6 Premier party. I got me a Stainless 6" Python and it inspired a nice replica outfit. It's a bit of a pain to find everything so I settled on close enough with a few things. I have the real revolver so I'm not sad!!!!

image.jpg

http://s826.photobucket.com/user/fasteddiespumping/media/fasteddiespumping023/image_7.jpeg.html]
image_7.jpg
[/URL]

http://s826.photobucket.com/user/fasteddiespumping/media/fasteddiespumping023/image_2.jpeg.html]
image_2.jpg
[/URL]

http://s826.photobucket.com/user/fasteddiespumping/media/fasteddiespumping023/image.jpeg.html]
image.jpg
[/URL]

http://s826.photobucket.com/user/fasteddiespumping/media/fasteddiespumping023/image_3.jpeg.html]
image_3.jpg
[/URL]

image.jpg

http://s826.photobucket.com/user/fasteddiespumping/media/fasteddiespumping023/image_4.jpeg.html]
image_4.jpg
[/URL]

The Python I have was manufactured in 1984 so it came from the factory with rubber grips

image.jpg

Found some original wood grips on gunbroker that look like they have beat a few walkers brains out.
image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

Then the shirt. I found this at a western wear store. It close enough. Had to beat it up a bit and dye it. I think it came out nice after I got it done..

image.jpg2.jpg

image.jpg10.jpg

image.jpg1_1.jpg

image.jpg

Tested fit everything. Fits pretty good but my hair needs help!!

image.jpg1.jpg

image_1.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image_7.jpg

image_7.jpg

image_2.jpg

image_2.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image_3.jpg

image_3.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image_4.jpg

image_4.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

image_2.jpg

image.jpg2.jpg

image.jpg2.jpg

image.jpg10.jpg

image.jpg10.jpg

image.jpg1_1.jpg

image.jpg1_1.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg1.jpg

image.jpg1.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_1.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Another Rick Grimes Season 3 costume

Are you planning on carrying a real gun? You could always mold it and cast it in resin to have an accurate yet safe piece.

Are you planning on carrying a real gun? You could always mold it and cast it in resin to have an accurate yet safe piece.

I will be at my home and it won't be anywhere near live ammo. I have been looking at Denix replica Pythons. I may go that route but I couldn't help showing it off!!

Hillbilly

Found a Tex Shoemaker Vintage gun belt on EBay. Just waiting on the holster and spread loader pouch.

Boots are way harder to find. Had to settle with a pair od Old West boot. Color and texture are great. They have a little more of point at the toe but they work. Just need to weather them.

Looking good so far! theres a movie makeup that you can buy call Dirtworks in Dark Brun that you can use to dirty up the clothing ( it permanemtly ruins it though) and it can be sprayed on skin for that dirty sweaty look. I used it for my rick and it worked wonders. really helps bring the outfit to another level. just make sure not to spray in your eyes. look forward to the finished product!

Looking good so far! theres a movie makeup that you can buy call Dirtworks in Dark Brun that you can use to dirty up the clothing ( it permanemtly ruins it though) and it can be sprayed on skin for that dirty sweaty look. I used it for my rick and it worked wonders. really helps bring the outfit to another level. just make sure not to spray in your eyes. look forward to the finished product!

Thanks. I will check out the Dirtworks. I used a mixture of tea, salt and dark brown Rit dye. Came out nice. Still weathering the pants. Holster comes in today. Will post some pics later.

Hillbilly

Holster came in. It's not as shinny as the Tex Shoemaker belt but I can change that. Fit is great. Couldn't be happier. A fellow on Etsy makes them. $99

Gorgeous Python and great build so far!! This is reminding me I need to get back to work on my own Rick. :facepalm

The acoustic is nice too. Ibanez?

Ah, I love the trigger discipline!

Costume is coming out great! The aging on your shirt is perfect. I'm jealous of your Python (woah!).

Lots of training!!! I have no prop guns at the moment. This is my first aging project and now I want to do more.

This Python is fun to shoot

Hillbilly

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back