BATMAN: Combination/Custom Armor

Thorlief Golmen

Hey guys,

thought id start my thread as I've started work on my costume for Halloween, me and the other half are attending our annual Halloween party as The Joker and Batman, I'll be going as Batman...I've been studying everyone's techniques, online tutorials and literally everything I can get my hands on as I really want to do a good job of this build, with that in mind I didn't want to make an existing armor or at least one that was recognisable as one, sooooo I've decided to do a sort of combo/custom armor...

Armor made up from different designs, cowl and neck from Dark Knight, gauntlets from arkham city, shoulder, arm, leg, shin and utility belt arkham origins, chest and ab armor batman live and logo doj...

ive done some designs to give myself an idea of the look and for the first time I'm using templates, most of the templates I got from the foam cave, cowl I have purchased from hero wares on eBay and cape I'll be purchasing from onpleatherwings...

hope you like, progress pics below, more to follow:

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks...I really like the new doj logo, can't wait to see how it looks too... Also going to create a functional utility belt, going to fill it with homemade batarangs, laser pointer, smoke bombs, I have the arkham origins grapple gun which I'm going to create a holster for...my bat bank card and marbles (to represent his bat bombs) I'm also going to try and make the left gauntlet fit my iPhone so I have an actual functional tech gauntlet, not sure those that's going to pan out though...

This is a really neat take on Batman - I like what you've got going on so far!

Thanks, I've honestly never worked with foam on this level so I'm learning as I go, luckily there's loads of great builds on here and tutorials on YouTube so im
muddling through, hopefully it'll come off, I just need to find some black paint that'll make the gauntlets and shins look like metal, so any suggestions would be great...

There's a Rustoleum paint that gives a metal texture, if that's the kind of thing you're after - just check the spray paint section at your local Wal-Mart, hardware store, etc. Hope that's of some help!

There's a Rustoleum paint that gives a metal texture, if that's the kind of thing you're after - just check the spray paint section at your local Wal-Mart, hardware store, etc. Hope that's of some help!

Haha I wish we had a Walmart in the UK, would make my life soooooo much easier, I managed to get some rustoleum...it's a direct to plastic black gloss (couldn't find any metal effect) but it's given a nice and cleared shine and makes it look less rubbery so I'm happy with the effect...

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Looking good! I'm anxious to see how you do the legs.

Yeah I still need to work that out...Ive actually run out of foam so need to get some more...I was considering getting some foam stuffing and covering in faux leather than spraying it with the armor colour...but we'll see...

Update on this build Ive started the belt, half done so far but coming out good I think:

12112382_10153110590815079_4116442701963636309_n.jpg12109316_10153110590830079_2324299403154816093_n.jpg12109121_10153110590900079_9033379812181933810_n.jpg12122521_10153110590915079_5243521407711857884_n.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back