Kylo Ren Costume base

Has Xcoser released the third costume? I don't know if I should go with that or the CB one. I'm not even sure what size to get.

I'm 6'3 190lbs

So I was looking into a Ren helmet but with finishing to anything close to like screen accurate was out of my skill set and a kit plus finishing services were going to cost an arm and a leg, or two. Talked with GeneralFrosty on here and he pointed me toward the Black Series helmet and said he could mod it to be extremely close to what was on the screen for much better price than if I used a "budget friendly kit" in other words one that might cost more to fix than if I just shelled out the cash. So I took him up and sent him a Black Series. Just got it back and it is incredible by comparison to when I sent it. Here is my temporary set up with it. I'm still working on the rest of the gear but he saved me quite a bit on the bucket and I still ended up with a quality piece. Now I'm just having trouble finding the base robe... any thoughts on how tight the costumebase robe is in the midsection, evidently I am in the middle of an expansion.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

I purchased an XCoser costume last week, as soon as I get it I will post a pic. I'm actually going to put mine on a 6'2" mannequin and display in my Death Star Hangar theater room. I couldn't resist for $180. I sent them the measurements, we'll see how it goes when it gets here.

Picked up the deluxe Xcoser outfit and a Black Series helm.

6ft, 200lbs. Bought an XL.

I like the material, but it's a bit difficult to photograph. Fits fine around the chest. Roomy at the waist. Waaay too narrow at the shoulders. Had to unzip the ribbed inner-tunic to get any range of motion in my arms. Bundle didn't have a mid-coat. Outer tunic fits fine zipped up, but the shoulders don't really flare out as they ought. Scarf's a bit short.

Personally not sure if I should order a size up and tailor the sides in. Thought about a custom-sized outfit, but a bit wary - last I heard I'd need to add a couple inches to arm length. Would also need to stitch two scarves together.

WIzxR8d.jpg

wdNDPWP.jpg

16fPiyN.jpg

dPym2mh.jpg

aZ4IGSm.jpg

Last edited:
Man, I wish Makoto would respond. I know he's been kinda sick of late but I've put in 2 emails over 3 months. He said he would accept orders after February but he hasn't responded.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back