BvS DOJ questions and costume build

OK, so far I decided to go with the Tiger Stone FX cowl and gauntlets, because a. its a great likeness and detail and b. its in the UK, so this way I only pay the cowl plus shipping. If its from outside the European Union I have to play 24% extra for VAT taxes, which is a pain !
I'll go with a sub-dye suit pattern and then use puffy paint tracing over it for the texture once I've sewn it and glued the emblem. The WB distributor here found out about my plans since I do movie reviews here and I talked to some friends about it and the distributor decided they want to use the suit for the local premiere if its done.

So now, not only do I have a March 2016 deadline for it, but I also have outside expectations. Just need to figure out where to get the emblem, belt and boots, preferably in the European Union. If not, I'll have to make some financial sacrifices to get the rest, but all of a sudden a lot is attached to this.

Oh, and the ******* cape ! If nobody does it I figure I'll just get some leather, weather it and spray paint the muddy look towards the bottom. That leather material will kill me as far as pricing goes!

I might be interested in making the cape. Been studying it to try and crack the pattern and I think I'm as close as we're gonna get before he release. Would want to make it out of a good pleather with weathering. PM me if you're interested.

Sorry for being so absent, guys. Work was murder the last few years and I finally moved to a bigger place too.

So far I have everything except the cape, gauntlets and the muscle body for display. Anyone know a good resource for the muscle body to 3d print? I have no problem buying it. If not, I'll just have to sculpt it from scratch. Once I have all elements I might consider changing some things. For example the current boots are leather, without any sculpted muscles like the original piece.
CosBlade did you make the cape yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back