I'm turning my car into a Delorean!! BTTF (COMPLETE)

Re: justy's 2015 Halloween Costume Contest Entry

here's my first RPF costume contest.
2015-11-02 17.31.21.jpg
proof that it's me

Woke up to this today. I'll have to probably remove all this stuff soon, as I don't think freezing water will treat it well through the coming winter. It's been super fun for sure, I've had a good run :)

2015-11-11 08.40.56.jpg 2015-11-11 08.40.44.jpg 2015-11-11 08.41.14.jpg 2015-11-11 08.41.23.jpg

I think I'll try to keep it on till the weekend, then I'll be back at my lab, dismantling this thing...

Good show Justy. It's been great seeing the progress of the project. I hope you break it out again when the weather clears, and you have an occasion for it.

Hats off to you sir.

Re: I'm turning my car into a Delorean

This is hilarious. so cool.
i'm surprised no one mentioned Top Gear USA's 'time machine' (a Nissan). but i don't expect Justy will cut his doors to make them gullwings.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/static.car...loads/posts/2015/05/i435430-55430c5eca3e2.jpg
http://www.tportal.hr/ResourceManager/GetImage.aspx?imgId=591299&shotId=1&width=630&height=360

I couldn't do this to a car in australia, rules too strict. even a mad max car isn't legal.

A Mad Max car not legal in Aussie... The irony!!! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Mad Max car not legal in Aussie... The irony!!! Lol.

No, you can't have the supercharger hat (apparently it's a pedestrian hazard and a view obstruction) nor can you have the Zoomie sidepipes (exhaust must exit behind all opening windows). A guy who posts on the madmaxmovies forum says he has to take the hat and exhaust off when having annual motor inspections done.
mad-max-interceptor-build-hero-2.jpg

This is hilarious. so cool.
i'm surprised no one mentioned Top Gear USA's 'time machine' (a Nissan). but i don't expect Justy will cut his doors to make them gullwings.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/static.car...loads/posts/2015/05/i435430-55430c5eca3e2.jpg
http://www.tportal.hr/ResourceManager/GetImage.aspx?imgId=591299&shotId=1&width=630&height=360

I couldn't do this to a car in australia, rules too strict. even a mad max car isn't legal.

wow!
I have gone through at least 30 of these cars, S12's back in the late 90s to mid 2000s! They were dirt cheap as they were RWD but no Limited Slip Diff!
First time i saw one dressed up as a delorean style! funny stuff!

here's my first RPF costume contest.
View attachment 549724
proof that it's me
So even though this is like 8 years ago, saw it as a featured pic top of the page, and gotta say, very cool project and sad I missed it back then. Also, from Idaho huh. I don't think I've ever seen another member on here from Idaho before. I live in Meridian now. Looking at pics, guessing your out more east Idaho, but not completely sure.
Back when I used to live in FL years ago, I had a 89 Toyota Corolla and had wanted to deck it out like the BttF Delorean, but only ever just made a photoshopped pic. Did the same with my current car a few years back.

So even though this is like 8 years ago, saw it as a featured pic top of the page, and gotta say, very cool project and sad I missed it back then. Also, from Idaho huh. I don't think I've ever seen another member on here from Idaho before. I live in Meridian now. Looking at pics, guessing your out more east Idaho, but not completely sure.
Back when I used to live in FL years ago, I had a 89 Toyota Corolla and had wanted to deck it out like the BttF Delorean, but only ever just made a photoshopped pic. Did the same with my current car a few years back.
Thanks! Yeah this was a super fun project, I sure had a blast hah.
Yay Idaho! Yeah I'm in the south east side, Idaho Falls. At the time of the build I was living in Utah though.
Someday I want to do this to a real delorean, but at this rate I may have to sell my house and eat dirt whilst living in the car hah. Unless I meet someone who wants to donate a real one to my cause haha.

Thanks! Yeah this was a super fun project, I sure had a blast hah.
Yay Idaho! Yeah I'm in the south east side, Idaho Falls. At the time of the build I was living in Utah though.
Someday I want to do this to a real delorean, but at this rate I may have to sell my house and eat dirt whilst living in the car hah. Unless I meet someone who wants to donate a real one to my cause haha.
Looked fun. I've been through ID, Falls a few times. But I know what you mean trying to get a real DeLorean.

Found the pics I had photoshopped. While this was the car, I had found these off line and quickly and badly Backtothefutured them up.
Toydelor.jpg

Current car, also stock photo, of a Hyundai Accent. This would all work pretty well actually.
newcar.jpg

And at Universal Studios in 2007 with one of the real ones. The ride had already closed and the gift shop was soon to be closing to retheme it to the Simpsons ride. I still think that was a bad choice.
34.jpg

Looked fun. I've been through ID, Falls a few times. But I know what you mean trying to get a real DeLorean.

Found the pics I had photoshopped. While this was the car, I had found these off line and quickly and badly Backtothefutured them up.
View attachment 1740456

Current car, also stock photo, of a Hyundai Accent. This would all work pretty well actually.
View attachment 1740455

And at Universal Studios in 2007 with one of the real ones. The ride had already closed and the gift shop was soon to be closing to retheme it to the Simpsons ride. I still think that was a bad choice.
View attachment 1740457
Those look sweet:) I wonder how many of us imagine our cars as time machines hah.
Man I miss that ride sooo bad! C'mon Universal! I keep holding out that it'll come back someday haha

Those look sweet:) I wonder how many of us imagine our cars as time machines hah.
Man I miss that ride sooo bad! C'mon Universal! I keep holding out that it'll come back someday haha
Probably a whole lot....lol.
Its funny how everything Universal tries out, Disney later on buys. Marvel, Fox (Simpsons) and they now added a Nintendo land. I'll just wait til Disney buys Nintendo in like 9 to 10 years....lol.
It would be totally awesome if they stuck with their own IPs and decided to remake a new BttF ride.

Probably a whole lot....lol.
Its funny how everything Universal tries out, Disney later on buys. Marvel, Fox (Simpsons) and they now added a Nintendo land. I'll just wait til Disney buys Nintendo in like 9 to 10 years....lol.
It would be totally awesome if they stuck with their own IPs and decided to remake a new BttF ride.
hah totally. I would go there just for the BTTF ride alone!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back