Beware my power, "GREEN LANTERNS LIGHT!"

Peek73

image-maggloath-0-watermark.jpg
You would be amazed at just how many people don't know the Green Lantern Corps Oath. Hell even I didn't until the Green Lantern Movie came out, OUCH! I have always been a Marvel Fan, a Spiderman Junkie. Well over the past two years now I have been catching up on my comic book readings and the more I read, the more I love the Corps. So now I must join the Corps!!
green_lantern_corps_recruit_by_azraeuz.jpg Now then here is the question...There are soooooooo many different versions of the Lanterns out there, who could I choose? Well I started looking about and found that many have played you know who:
DC_Comic__s_Green_Lantern_by_skywarp_2_png.jpg Hal Jordan, whom I love and respect as well, but when I found out he joined the Sinistro Corpsgls65halyellow658.jpg then hunted down the lanterns and killed them ultimately becoming Parallax...AHHHH
parallax___emerald_twilight_by_superman8193-d6dc2kq.jpg
SO I looked at who took his place and ultimately became the most powerful Green Lantern of all times, yep you guessed it: KYLE RAYNER
Kyle-Rayner-file-the-green-lantern-corps-8570403-1445-853.jpgNow then there has been many different versions of him, and I have even seen him played at the ECCC here in Seattle, but I have never seen him played in his original suit.
2482472-kyle.jpg3362268-kyle_rayner_by_xxnightblade08xx-d4pusyj.jpg
SO THIS IS WHO I'M WANTING TO BECOME.... Now granted I am no expert, but that's why I love this site and now I have started my quest to become Kyle Rayner for the ECCC in 2016.
I found new designer by chance on FB and I have been watching him for a while now. I love his suits and decided to give him a shot. I contacted "Super Geek Designs" and spoke with him about my idea and he was all over it. I now have the file and just sent it off to FOD for print. They did such a fantastic job on my Captain America print that I had to stay with them.
kyle_rayner_color_by_vmarion07-d7bmo6o.jpgThis is the look I will be shooting for, as well as LED's and the power battery for the Con. Here are some of the suit file as done by Supergeek Designs
11994357_506292929535861_390705198_n.jpgI went with the black, even though the grey shows more detail.
kyle ryner by supergeek.jpg12021837_507337036098117_772889973_n.jpg12026660_507193212779166_789379626_n.jpg
I have ordered LED strips for my boots which I found on ebay and I will be making mods to them with eva foam and Faux patent leather to match my boots, bracers, and knee pads. I found all the materials on ebay and Amazon and I have placed the orders. I will be having Trophywife do the sewing for me on this one, the last two suits I attempted to do, well lets just say I'm no expert. This will be a long drawn out process, but bare with me I will complete it.

Last edited:
I really like the design a lot! just a suggestion, have you thought about making the symbol on the chest out of plastic or even foam and then adhering it over the printed symbol? it might add a cool bit of depth to your costume!

I really like the design a lot! just a suggestion, have you thought about making the symbol on the chest out of plastic or even foam and then adhering it over the printed symbol? it might add a cool bit of depth to your costume!
AHHH a fellow mind reader, Yes I have thought of this, It depends on how the suit comes out and if I want to attach anything to it. I have some ideas on this subject, I'm just going to hve to wait and see once I get the suit finished and if I can make it look good.

This looks fantastic! Just out of curiosity, what is the fabric you are using? I have been looking for something similar for my Black Widow costume.

Can't wait to see the final product.

This looks fantastic! Just out of curiosity, what is the fabric you are using? I have been looking for something similar for my Black Widow costume.

Can't wait to see the final product.
It will be a screen print on the 4 way stretch lycra. Fabric on Demand does am Awesome job with prints.

Small update: Got a few more things in for my suit.
Green Lantern Gloves.JPGKyle Rayner Ring.jpg$_14.jpg

The gloves were a cheep Motorcycle glove I got off of E-Bay around $9.00 with shipping. The Ring I got off of Amazon for $18.00, and the boots I got off of E-bay as well out of California for $48.00. The only thing I'm not sure I'm going to use is the Ring, It's not true to the comic look of Rayner, but I still think it looks cool. The gloves I will cut the fingers off of and see how they look when I'm done. I'm attempting to figure out how I'm going to make the bracers light up and have that wow factor. LED's, maybe not quite sure yet.

Not to nit pick, but your ring's on the wrong finger. Also you should check out shapeways.com. They have tons of gl rings that are absolutely amazing. One guy named Batjeepster does a really awesome Rayner honor guard ring in several sizes. Plus you can get them in different materials from plastic to silver usually. Depending on the options the artist puts out there

Not to nit pick, but your ring's on the wrong finger. Also you should check out shapeways.com. They have tons of gl rings that are absolutely amazing. One guy named Batjeepster does a really awesome Rayner honor guard ring in several sizes. Plus you can get them in different materials from plastic to silver usually. Depending on the options the artist puts out there

Thanks for the info, but this is going to be my own version/1st Kyle suit. Yes I know the ring is suppose to be on the middle finger and what Kyle's ring looks like. I have looked into a lot of rings, and I have a large collection myself, but I like this one. It matches the suit.I have looked at BatJeepster on ESTY as well, but let's just say NOPE!! Nice rings but more than I want to spend on one + a custom ring by those two is HOLY JEEPERS!!!! Thanks for your input though at least I know there is still some love out there for the Corps......

Honestly I like the ring you chose, just wasn't sure how accurate you were going. Most on here are a bit anal about matching exactly. Also, yeah jeepster's etsy rings are pricy, that's why I suggested shapeways. His etsy rings are done in fine metals like silver. And hell yeah there's love for the Corp! Wearing my sinestro ring is actually how I scored my wife! She took one look at it, and immediately thought "I need to hit that!"

Quick update. I am awaiting test prints of the suit to see the colors. The black may have to be changed to a darker grey to get the desired effect I want. We shall see.
11994357_506292929535861_390705198_n.jpg

And the perfect shade of green to match my boots is........
020066743581.jpg
Oh yes it's true, it's true......Now that it is found I can start work on the knee and elbow pads as well as the forearm and gloves. I'll be working with EVA foam for these. I'm going to attempt the mask myself as well even though I have found the perfect one.

12405166_535208233310997_421094294_o.jpg12398545_535208206644333_478401693_o.jpg12398444_535208299977657_2115092131_o.jpg12369950_535208276644326_1176866523_o.jpg10385942_535208159977671_412397232_o.jpg
BIG UPDATE!!
Look what just came in!! That's right the suit looks freaking AMAZING!! The detail and digital print came out perfect. Test prints were ordered to get the right colors that I wanted. The detail in this suit is just, well the pictures don't do it justice. So if that isn't good enough news I am having a ring custom made by Batjeepster, I'll show it off when it comes in. Getting more excited as each piece comes together.

Wow nice ! I love Kyle's 90's suit. Can't wait to see this one!

Yep I'm pretty excited about it as well. There is a guy on the RPF here that started to make his power battery. I am hoping he finishes it, I can build one I'm sure of it, but why when the one I want is being made by another, and it looks bad azz.......

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back