Custom Green Arrow, First Build

Sounds like you've already given this build a lot of thought - that's the best way to start! Just an idea, but instead of doing metal armor, have you considered that you could use varying thicknesses of tooling leather? It would be lighter, and infinitely more flexible while still giving you protective armor. Like I said, that's just a suggestion :) I'll be following your build with interest!

Hi! Looking forward to seeing your work. For the hooded jacket, I would suggest buying some cheap muslin or sheeting to get the pattern and fit right before you cut into the good stuff! I have some experience with complex sewing projects, and have used this trick a number of times.

Post pics of your progress!

I'm a long-time leather crafter, so I'm always plugging leather lol...I really dig the quiver you chose - definitely has the tactical look about it! As for how to go about making the armor without a zipper, that is a bit of a conundrum. Maybe you could make something like a military flack jacket?

It's exciting to see progress! :) I've never worked metal into a costume before, so this will be a fun thread to watch! You have a lot of good ideas going for you!

Give it a dull coat after your done maybe. Though i'd test it first. Dull coats can be a tad fickle, might change the color slightly.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back