Kylo Ren helmet

Risebluesun

So I ordered a helmet off eBay and I'm kinda disappointed with it. First off, it looks like it may have been slightly squished and is now kind of misshaped. On top of that, the face doesn't go far enough down to cover my entire face. I'm wondering if anyone here knows anything I can do to fix it or that may be able to fix it for me. It's made from PVC.

I wouldn't bet on getting any offers to fix it for you, but there's a lot of things you can do to modify/improve it. As far as the warping is concerned gently heating the "squished" area with a heat gun & reshaping it by hand seems like the obvious option. From what I can see the best area to go about lengthening the face plate would be the mouth area. Cutting away the existing lower mask section & using sintra or a similar sheet material to fabricate a larger/longer mask.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

To straighten it out you going to need to cut it up with a dremel cutting wheel and put it back together with fiberglass and bondo . Lots of work but it could be worth it

Xcoser? :/
I hate to break it to you, but when it comes to replica props, nine out of ten times you get what you pay for. A quality Kylo raw cast bucket goes for $150-$200 in my experience. Can't expect a finished $105 one produced overseas to look anywhere near as good as something 2-3 times its price.

The Xcoser helmet looks very deformed and inaccurate on their website. Not sure if understand the disappointment. Looks like you pretty much got what was advertised (an inaccurate, disproportionate Chinese-made facsimile of Kylo's helmet).

3010-2037-p0-1_1.jpg
3010-2037-p0-5_1.jpg

12049653_10153264006908565_2574003583340699814_n.jpg

Picture comparison of my stylized Wickedarmor Kylo helmet next to the Black Power Ranger helm. Preordered the hasbro Voice changer Black Series helmet too for another alternative. :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back