Golden Gun

parfaitelumiere

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I am actually doing some searches about this weapon, for a future prop project.
Seems there are at least 4 original props:

-"Christies prototype" using genuine molectric 88 and waterman pen, a spare shorter lighter bottom, a genuine unknown cigarette case (quite a russian taste, probably from 40's to 60's), and probably genuine existing cufflink, it would mean all these parts are existing stuff, not custom made.

-assemblable version
This time it's a all made to order stuff,
a longer fake molectric 88, openable, the lighter has a large button on "colibri" engraved side
a fake pen is shorter than the genuine waterman pen, has hollow cap and probably fully hollow core, and removable bottom with threaded section on main body.
a cigarette box with a plain cartouche, no engraving, openable for cigarettes and openable on one end for gun use.

-Solid version (firable, visible at 35mn)
simplier lighter design, probably solid, not assemblable, no colibri engraving, different pen design.

-Spare parts, a genuine molectric 88, a genuine Waterman pen, and the box used for the assemblable gun, also, the cufflinks from assemblable gun.
I think there were cut scenes where Scaramanga is igniting a cigarette, meaning why we see a genuine lighter, and a few seconds after the assemblable gun version of lighter.

I am looking for reference pictures and informations to see what details can be important, and try to machine a gun myself probably in 2016.

Last edited:
Re: Scaramanga golden gun reference pictures ?

Here's some photos I've collected of a couple of the original golden guns. Eventually I would like to work on a disassembling version of the solid/stunt version of this prop. The FE version was just too lacking in so many areas, especially considering they had an original to work from.

8QO3g9iMAeGQWduEeNwjxoGJqGc_zpsypgcefpi.jpg~original

Scaramangas%20Belt_zpsoe2gubi0.png~original

slide_261211_1719783_free_zpscsbkzrh2.jpg~original

And the more frequently seen solid version,
Golden%20Gun_zpseknx5m2j.jpg~original

1089430_orig_zpsiswuohpz.jpg~original

512184438_zpsgfkhwfog.jpg~original

fifty-years-of-bond-style-12_zpsnmljxndu.jpg~original

James-Bond_exhibit_AAP_1200_zpsqxfzbnmu.jpg~original

yiO_9-a7895b5b28b7e76ef25dfd45ab6e4ac6_zpsxr54c2dc.jpg~original

yisxS-a7895b5b28b7e76ef25dfd45ab6e4ac6_zpshxemdzck.jpg~original

And the best thing to publicly come out of the FE research, was this photo:
Gg2_Stunt_zpsdvlng1ad.jpg~original

-Carson

Last edited:

Thanks for sharing those photos Carson, they are great.

Thanks a lot for the pictures!
Would you have a link to get larger resolution of them?

The photo of the gun in the hand is very interesting, already have it.
We can see the glazed look of the pen, and the lighter is opened, showing a real lighter core, with a colibri 88 look.
Second photo is interesting too because of the belt.

d5602500a.jpg

Here is here, decades later.

Last edited:

2015-09-16_15-31-09.png2015-09-16_15-28-21.png

Here we can see the genuine waterman pen, and we can also see the custom colibri lighter, AND, a genuine colibri lighter, 2cm shorter.

Last edited:

Found this interesting video link after doing some searches about "guilloché", I think the original case has be decorated with same technic, I have a short idea of how to build a similar machine, with much simplier design, even I think it will be very hard to do, exciting!

Last edited by a moderator:

Here is a quick shape comparation between both identified props:

gun comparation.png

You can see the firing but has a shorter pen barrel, and a shorter case.

I found a couple auction photos of actual props as well.

golden bullet
http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/...2585&sid=755fba08-2a8f-402d-ba4b-3dbf589c8a8e

cufflink triggers - I don't know if the gun in the photo is real or a replica as just the triggers were being auctioned
http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/...2586&sid=755fba08-2a8f-402d-ba4b-3dbf589c8a8e

And you might see if this magazine archive has photos. Since you don't want to reproduce the photos you might be able to get a better deal than a standard license fee.
http://www.007magazine.co.uk/media_archive.htm

Yes it looks like a second generation SD Studio.

The cufflinks look like the one I found twice on google, but I didn't find this picture.
The pics I found are different but it's definitely the same cufflinks set, no doubt.
The bullet is 3,5 cm long, interesting, I measured between 3 and 3,5cm on screenshots, and kept a 3cm final size to get a 8mm diameter.

Last edited:
Re: Scaramanga golden gun project?

Here is a drawing of the gun and the parts I made on thegimp.
Yesterday I started working on the lighter 3D file.

modèle assemblage.png

Last edited:
Re: Scaramanga golden gun project

here is a view of the lighter, I don't understand, the softwaye creates aberrations, removing or adding some points on the frame, and destroying my work, it's very boring.
It's on Tinkercad, and it seems it's when I upload the file the issue is coming.

colibri.pngouvert.png

I made a drawing of the cufflinks and ordered 3d print from brass, sadly it's not cheap and means lots of finish to do.
I ordered cufflinks only for now, to see the finish, and get sure before ordering lrger parts, but the box is ready, and the lighter is on it's way.

Last edited:
I finally ordered a brass lighter cap as the design is not subject to change, and a complete cigarette box, but from plastic.
I also designed some bullets today, caliber will be 6,8mm, and casing will be close to .32 ACP, with a very small bottle neck shape and long bullet.
I designed 2 parts and solid versions, with and without 007 engraving, and ordered 2 bullets made from two parts.
The design will be quite accurate, I will redo the engraving by hand once I get them, but the existing engraving will be very helpfull whenever I plan to offer some for sale.
I will start to think about the belt buckle too, this is why I ordered 2 bullets, to design and complete a belt buckle.

Capture d’écran 2018-08-26 à 23.36.42.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back