My first build - Kylo Ren

Banokk

Hey. I've decided it is about time for me to dive into costume building. I'm 100% noob, and never costumed before apart from some minor LARP outfits, but I thought I'd post here to gain some accountability to finish and also in hopes of getting some well-needed feedback as I go through this project.

I want to build a Kylo Ren costume from scratch. Not knowing what I'm doing, I have chosen to build two different helmets at the same time, in the hopes that at least one of them will turn out alright. A pepakura one and a 3d printed one.

As mentioned, I have no experience with pepakura and only a few months experience with 3d modelling, so this could all go terribly wrong. I will update this thread as I go, and now that it's on the internet for the world to see, I have no choice but to see it through.

The pep file I will be using I found on the 405th site by author rundown. It can be found here:

http://www.405th.com/star-wars-force-awakens/download-1012-kylo-ren-helmet.html

As for my 3d helmet, I will be using Blender to model it, and a Reprap Prusa i3 to print it. I am planning to learn the application as I go, but here is a pic so far:

SS2 blender.png

I'm determined to make this happen. If anyone has any hints or tips as I go, they would be greatly appreciated.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back