Tom Baker Sonic Screwdriver Advice

Bluebox303

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Anybody have any advice for me on how to finalize the details on my model? Also, is there a reason why there is a hole on the activation band? I haven't ever seen it in the screencaps.

baker1.PNGbaker2.PNG

Hi
I agree with the above comment in that the top section of the collar needs to be a little taller and also the activation ring needs to be abit thicker (it should go further down the section and it also needs to be a little less wide
Hope this helps

Also about the hole on the activation band I have the licensed replica released a few years ago and it is a great piece which I believe is 100% screen accurate to the version used by Tom Baker in his first story (robot) as the body is perfectly matching any screen clips and the emitter is also screen accurate to one of the versions used as you may know there were many emitter heads as these needed to be replaced every so often due to breaking
However the hole on the activator ring you are right we do not tend to see this on screen however I think it would have been present in the prop as I personally think it was there to show where to place the thumb so that the hole in the top of the collar is facing the front towards the camera just so the actor knew which direction to run the collar as it could be turned around to look like the setting was changed
Hope this helps

Are you asking about geometry, or everything? You don't have the cutout on the handle. You don't have the hole for the set screw on the flat on the knob on the end. There should be a small hole in the center ring and the ring below the cone. The ring above the center ring doesn't appear tall enough.

There is a ton of valuable research in this thread https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=278971&page=2&highlight=sonic+screwdriver.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back