Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Subscribe
    Jun 22, 2017, 5:26 PM - Re: Defining the OWK tunisia saber. Is it even possible? #176

I have a pitchfork...
    From
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Jun 22, 2017, 5:36 PM - Re: Defining the OWK tunisia saber. Is it even possible? #177

SethS said: View Post
    I THINK what we are reading is:

1. That a few differences have been recently spotted on grenade details that point to at least 3 different heroes (Tunisia, Death Star, and Chronicles), which I have mentioned in the guide already.

2. That outside of the V2 and V3 shared stunts which we know to be metal, there were several additional stunts made from resin and/or rubber whose greeblies maybe have inspired the direction of how the V2 and V3 were altered for ROTJ

3. Roger Shaw seems to have created the prop, not Roger Christian.
    resin rubber and fiberglass it seems.

Also, I think the filled-in casting was what inspired the metal stunts themselves, is what I read.. having to fill in the windvane, vertical grenade cuts and booster fins.

The ESB prop was resin.

There was a hero in the archives at some point. at least two-3 hero's exist. and there's another ANH era stunt I'm thinking of that is not solid resin, and is visible in that video featurette of the motorized graflex shaped tube we all gawked at. The saber on the right has a graflex clamp.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 4.13.10 PM.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	177.0 KB 
ID:	738114

There's also this ANH era stunt and im not sure where it fits in

Name:	Wired001.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	797.8 KB 
ID:	738115
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Jun 22, 2017, 5:39 PM - Re: Defining the OWK tunisia saber. Is it even possible? #178

halliwax said: View Post
    We need to find this Roger Shaw, capture and interrogate him!! Who's with me! I'll get the torches!!

Cha´m
    From
    Los Angeles
    Jun 22, 2017, 5:48 PM - Re: Defining the OWK tunisia saber. Is it even possible? #179

thd9791 said: View Post

Also, I think the filled-in casting was what inspired the metal stunts themselves, is what I read.. having to fill in the windvane, vertical grenade cuts and booster fins.

The ESB prop was resin.

There was a hero in the archives at some point. at least two-3 hero's exist. and there's another ANH era stunt I'm thinking of that is not solid resin, and is visible in that video featurette of the motorized graflex shaped tube we all gawked at. The saber on the right has a graflex clamp.

Which ESB prop? The "tool" or the BTS dueler?
  5. this space left blank RPF Premium Member James Kenobi 1138's Avatar
    From
    Dallas Texas
    Jun 22, 2017, 6:00 PM - Re: Defining the OWK tunisia saber. Is it even possible? #180

Those are the Luke ROTJ resin sabers, not resin copies of the Kenobi ANH prop.
    From
    Jun 22, 2017, 7:07 PM - Re: Defining the OWK tunisia saber. Is it even possible? #181

SethS said: View Post
    Which ESB prop? The "tool" or the BTS dueler?
    Tool

James Kenobi 1138 said: View Post
    Those are the Luke ROTJ resin sabers, not resin copies of the Kenobi ANH prop.
    I know the one at the center is. The unpainted one next to it has a graflex lever I thought, something that never showed up on ROTJ made props. That and the unpainted stuff from this new info put 2 & 2 together for me haha

Anyway, the wired saber IS a casting of the V3 so that counts right?
  7. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Jun 22, 2017, 7:27 PM - Re: Defining the OWK tunisia saber. Is it even possible? #182

the owner of the "stolen" prop would face charges
    "would" or wouldn't if they gave it back without a fuss?

We need to find this roger Shaw, capture and interrogate him!! Who's with me! I'll get the torches!!
    I am with you. And I am the Force.

Oh, and if it's cool with you, I'm bringing my lightsaber instead of a torch. Gotta get it signed by it's creator, right?!
  8. this space left blank RPF Premium Member James Kenobi 1138's Avatar
    From
    Dallas Texas
    Jun 22, 2017, 7:48 PM - Re: Defining the OWK tunisia saber. Is it even possible? #183

Luke had a resin copy of the Shared Stunt lightsaber, 1.5 inch diameter including the Graflex clamp and lever, in ROTJ.

You can see it best in photos when Luke is climbing up Jabbas barge after jumping from the skiff.
    From
    Jun 22, 2017, 9:12 PM - Re: Defining the OWK tunisia saber. Is it even possible? #184

James Kenobi 1138 said: View Post
    Luke had a resin copy of the Shared Stunt lightsaber, 1.5 inch diameter including the Graflex clamp and lever, in ROTJ.

You can see it best in photos when Luke is climbing up Jabbas barge after jumping from the skiff.
    Yea, we were talking about that Wired saber a while back being pretty close. Either way, if the "hollow" casting on that table or the wired saber have a clamp - doesn't that mean they were castings of the OWK stunt sabers?

Maybe we're only talking about the hero that was put into a mold, oops lol
  10. this space left blank RPF Premium Member James Kenobi 1138's Avatar
    From
    Dallas Texas
    Jun 22, 2017, 10:14 PM - Re: Defining the OWK tunisia saber. Is it even possible? #185

Yes, that's what I'm saying.

In ANH there was 1 (or more) Hero Kenobi lightsabers and 2 (or more) metal stunt sabers made that were not casts of the Hero Kenobi saber.

In ROTJ Luke's belt hanger was the Metal V2 Kenobi ANH stunt saber, and the bladed Stared Stunt was also used, as well as the smaller diameter 'new' Luke sabers (Yuma) that became the ROTJ Luke Hero. They also had resin copies of the Kenobi/Luke stunt saber and the smaller new hero sabers.

As far as I know, the original Kenobi hero saber was never cast in resin and re-used in a SW movie, and I've never seen a photo of it in the LFL archives.
    Jun 23, 2017, 10:06 AM - Re: Defining the OWK tunisia saber. Is it even possible? #186

We need to find this roger Shaw, capture and interrogate him!! Who's with me! I'll get the torches!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Unfortunately Roger passed away many years ago in a car accident.
    Jun 23, 2017, 11:34 AM - Re: Defining the OWK tunisia saber. Is it even possible? #187

thd9791 said: View Post

The ESB prop was resin.

Some parts of the one in the first picture are wood and PVC
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Jun 23, 2017, 11:40 AM - Re: Defining the OWK tunisia saber. Is it even possible? #188

LorduDesign said: View Post
    How do u know it's wood and pvc? Were u able to visit the archives? How much do we gotta pay for you to spill your beans?

You know I can bake one hellava cupcake!

Jun 23, 2017, 11:49 AM - Re: Defining the OWK tunisia saber. Is it even possible? #189

How do u know it's wood and pvc? Were u able to visit the archives? How much do we gotta pay for you to spill your beans?

You know I can bake one hellava cupcake!

No, I didn't but my friend's saber is also has got some wooden parts in it and he said that the one in the archives is made similarly to his, but it includes the PVC as well.

As for this saber from the archives, well they had two. One like posted here and the other one was one of the 'tool' ones but unpainted.
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Jun 23, 2017, 11:52 AM - Re: Defining the OWK tunisia saber. Is it even possible? #190

Aaawww that's very sad to hear, I feel like a jerk now making those jokes in the pervious post.

16. Mance Vader RPF Premium Member MCM's Avatar
    From
    Baltimore
    Jun 23, 2017, 11:56 AM - Re: Defining the OWK tunisia saber. Is it even possible? #191

Aaawww that's very sad to hear, I feel like a jerk now making those jokes in the pervious post.

Don't feel like a jerk. I could have easily made the same comments myself. You obviously didn't know, so it totally comes from a place of innocence.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Jun 23, 2017, 12:27 PM - Re: Defining the OWK tunisia saber. Is it even possible? #192

That's sad indeed yet good to be aware of ... thanks.

Cha´m
    From
    Jun 23, 2017, 7:13 PM - Re: Defining the OWK tunisia saber. Is it even possible? #193

no kidding? Just to clarify, the hilt on the right that looks sawed off and has a hollow end right? Not the blurry original "graflex" stunt in the foreground

it looked like the ESB background prop had a solid pommel, thats why im asking!
    From
    UK
    Jun 29, 2017, 6:22 AM - Re: Defining the OWK tunisia saber. Is it even possible? #194

I have read through this great thread so apologies if I have missed the answer. Can anyone confirm which saber is seen in the Cantina? Tunisia or Chronicles?
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Jun 29, 2017, 8:01 AM - Re: Defining the OWK tunisia saber. Is it even possible? #195

Kylo1 said: View Post
    I have read through this great thread so apologies if I have missed the answer. Can anyone confirm which saber is seen in the Cantina? Tunisia or Chronicles?
    i believe its the V3, but also could be V2
    From
    UK
    Jun 29, 2017, 8:08 AM - Re: Defining the OWK tunisia saber. Is it even possible? #196

i believe its the V3, but also could be V2
    Thanks Halliwax
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Jun 29, 2017, 8:10 AM - Re: Defining the OWK tunisia saber. Is it even possible? #197

Thanks Halliwax
    I'm not saying I'm just, it's just my personal opinion from my research

From
    UK
    Jun 29, 2017, 8:17 AM - Re: Defining the OWK tunisia saber. Is it even possible? #198

I'm not saying I'm just, it's just my personal opinion from my research

Oh ok haha! Just that back at post #80, Roy posted a photo in the Cantina and I can see the grenade grooves quite clearly which obviously are not on the V2 or V3
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Jun 29, 2017, 8:28 AM - Re: Defining the OWK tunisia saber. Is it even possible? #199

Oh ok haha! Just that back at post #80, Roy posted a photo in the Cantina and I can see the grenade grooves quite clearly which obviously are not on the V2 or V3
    see! look at the rumor i almost started!! told ya you can't trust that halliwax!

there are some pictures with the steel rod on the end of the emitter, so at one point the V2 or V3 was used. i couldn't remember seeing the hero in the cantina scene
    From
    UK
    Jun 29, 2017, 8:40 AM - Re: Defining the OWK tunisia saber. Is it even possible? #200