Defining the OWK tunisia saber. Is it even possible?

Does anyone see a small "lip" in the inner edge of the chronicles close up of the emitter? Its hard to discern since it is black and white but it does seem there is a tiny lip in the emitter. If that is the case, then it would fit with the theory that the chronicles saber uses a male derwent part (the notable differences to the female is that it is 2 mm smaller in diameter and has a inner lip).

The Chronicles emitter is definately a female balance pipe . . . the male balance
pipe not only does it have a lip, the dark part with 16 holes is straight not coned
inwards and the outer edge is straight too with no bevel ... see picture :

Real%20Balance%20Pipes%202_zpsdeijwnpo.JPG

(Picture Courtesy parfaitelumiere)

Chaim

Last edited:
Yes. Chronicles and Death Star Saber are female. Serafino proved this by deducing the slope of the ring section before the balance pipe was even discovered.

The Tunisia emitter might very well be female also. I have no evidence to the contrary. I just wanted to see how a make balance pipe looked in this arrangement

Yes, I have a male BP sitting on my window. So, I'll be the first to admit that I want this to be a possibility, and I am therefor bias in what I'm seeing.

Dan

Yes, I have a male BP sitting on my window. So, I'll be the first to admit that I want this to be a possibility, and I am therefor bias in what I'm seeing.

Dan

Just had one converted with the help of Teecrooz, Roman and Edraven... So I'll admit I DON'T want it to be a male on any of them, heh. It is not a reversible change...

(Insert Emperor Palpatine's voice) : 'Ooh . . . I'm afraid young Starkiller it is you who are mistaken . . . about a great many things . . . perhaps your male balance pipe will have to be converted into the Dark Side ... or it must be detroyed ... muahahahahaaaa!'

sw3_4189.JPG

:lol:

Due to a lot of shadows playing tricks . . . I just don't see the straight edged grenade either . . . sorry . . . you're on your own kiddo o_O

Chaim

Last edited:
Just had one converted with the help of Teecrooz, Roman and Edraven... So I'll admit I DON'T want it to be a male on any of them, heh. It is not a reversible change...

What was all required to convert a male balance pipe to female?

Am I the only one that sees this on the both chronicles & tunisia clamps:

ALL_OB1s.jpg

Aside from that, which may be my eyes playing tricks on me... It's possible that the tunisia version had the frag body assembled upside down. Then they flipped it when they reassembled with cotter pins and screws...?

Your therory is valid, same thread on both sides (just checked)of the frag body.
And yes the clamp looks similar on the red are, would confirm it's the same prop, just some parts reversed (cube section and grenade)
However the brass part is different, could suggest the original brass part on chronicle saber would be inside the clamp, and maybe fixed in the booster (would be the cone on some pictures of tunisia version?!)

the windvane outer is also 38mm can help to center the clamp, one side has the frag body, then the windvane, and finally the booster ring.
however, if it's exactly the same prop, I don't understand why we can see both versions on same sequence (death star), but it can be possible they make some cuts with the first saber and a few weeks or months later with other saber.

Last edited:
Am I the only one that sees this on the both chronicles & tunisia clamps:

View attachment 528508

Aside from that, which may be my eyes playing tricks on me... It's possible that the tunisia version had the frag body assembled upside down. Then they flipped it when they reassembled with cotter pins and screws...?

hahaha... holy crap. I thought... is that even possible to flip the wind vane? I busted our your replica and my real one and sure enough... it IS possible.

I noticed one dent on the booster matches up too... one of the fins is flattened on the end. Not in the same position but the shape and placement are the same.

Wow re-reading that whole thread . . . it sure felt like we're going in circles after all that time . . . or more like a vortex or spiral loop? With the only 'new' add being that the grenade windvane stem seems to be attached on the bottom end of the No.3MkI grenade :wacko So OB1's lightsaber prop was cobbled up together in the UK by Bapty, then before being transported to Tunesia taken apart completely for a safe passage accross the border (?) ... and finally re-cobbled back together on set in Tunesia by someone else unknown of the original composition of the vintage parts thus giving us the Tunesia saber?

Chaim

Last edited:
Re-treading the same ground can sometimes be fruitful. Many of the newer guys may not have seen that thread. I remember floating the flipped grenade theory as far back as 06-07, but got no traction.

In the cantina scene, the saber looks to me to be in the same configuration as in Tunisia. Does anyone have a screen grab of Ben glancing around after the arm slice, while holding the un-ignited saber?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back