Defining the OWK tunisia saber. Is it even possible?

Well the top one is David's (Edraven99) and the bottom one is John's (Marv). And I used the windvane from the leftmost bottom shelf one for my build. ;)

Very plausible series of events.

That beige grenade does look like the Tunsia grenade, especially the top ring.

However screen caps from the Deathstar scenes show a grenade like the Chronicles/Art Dept grenade, making me think the saber was rebuilt after Tunsia.

Yeah, the thought had crossed my mind ... though I sometimes find it very hard to determine if I'm seeing the shared stunt or an actual grenade saber in the Deathstar scenes ... got any clear pictures to substantiate your point of view James Kenobi 1138?

Chaim

I'm against the notion that there was one prop and it was rebuilt. First off. We know that they had two Vader sabers, and all of Prowes's scenes were filmed in one place. Guiness's scenes took place over two continents and in fairly remote locations. With only one built prop they run the risk of shutting down a location shoot and loosing money on time missed if anything happened to the prop. This is just not how movie finances work. There's always duplicates made. Even if they only use one prop throughout the course of shooting. There are always backups made. And when we see that every single part has a noticeable difference, to me, it can only indicate 2 distinct props.

I don't think anything can be ruled out.

We've been told there was only 1 Vader helmet made, and also told there were 2 helmets, yet only 1 ever appears in ANH and there are no photos of the 2nd one or the 2 together, yet all of Vaders scenes were shot in the same location.

And his helmet came off during the duel. Can you imagine what would have happened if it broke and it was the only one?

Last edited:
it has been confirmed the parts were rented and not bought? so is that the reason why we dont know where the obiwan saber is today? probably because it was disassembled and returned?!

Schermafbeelding%202015-09-12%20om%2020.39.23_zps1y3yzgl4.PNG

Chaim

Last edited:
Funny ... nobody has noticed the complete Rolls Royce Derwent Engine in the back either ... in an OB1 ANH lighsaber thread :wacko

Alec%20Guinness%20as%20OB1_zps7av7kvn9.JPG

Chaim

Last edited:
So Chris ... what kind of measurement comparison are you referring to? Surely you have several real BP emitters laying around?

Chaim

Just trying to gauge the length of the widest part of the balance pipe. If it measures in shorter, there is a chance it isn't a female balance pipe, or a different model.

obiwan1.jpg

I also think it culd be a 54mm diameter male size emitter.
It makes me think the saber is probably used on death star, and would be the saber with the cone, because the weird grenade seems to be on that saber, and the emitter diameter looks a bit smaller too you can check there are two sabers here, I mean on the grey background views, one of them looks like the archive saber, with slope on grenade body and back hollow emitter core, and another with emitter cone, "looks like a weird" grenade, and "would be smaller, yes, but no way to get sure it's a male" emitter.

I think it can be possible some males to have a slope on the back, or females to be smaller, because nobody get enough loose parts and made enough comparations to get sure the models had unique design, as for the grenades, and the 4 emitters I get in hands have shows sone later modifications, especially on front, where there was some shiny areas and other weathered from older machining, there were also hand engravings on all emitters.

Interesting. Could the stem of the grenade be screwed into the opposite end? Flipped hand wheel cubes, maybe flipped grenade. I'm just spitballing here.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back