Disney Store Kylo Ren lightsaber mods

Dremeled out the inside lip on the cutout to make it the right thickness seen in the new photos. And I'm pretty convinced the pommel core is also used here, slightly modified, so I'm going to mold it to make a copy for the cutout core.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Decided the inner pommel core is actually too small for the cutaway. Using the details that came with it for that spot, I cut it into 3 pieces and clued them to a piece that was inside it to make it a more angular octagon shape as it should be instead of curved. Now I just need to sculpt the details a little more extended since you can see it further through the cutaway.

Finished with the exposed core, just need to add the wires and then permanently seal up the halves and start filling the holes and gaps.

The good about this is,that the saber itself has the same size as the FX one.And a more accurate shape.But the blade is too short.
Its a shame that its only made from plastic...but with a great paintjob I bet this is a "killer".;)

It would be neat to hit the edged of the hole with a lighter to make melt a bit and look like a real sabre damaged it. I know it's not the way the REAL one is, but it is more "real".

I'd really love to not dump another 200 + into the saber after modding the BS helmet. Anybody have any hints on getting longer blade into this pup.

- - - Updated - - -

I enhanced that melt with a woodburner that I used on the seem of the bs helmet

Started mine today. Getting that top ring off the hilt was a pain in the but. I had to put a cut in mine to get it loose. One more thing to fill, haha.

VERY happy to see a thread for this, since I was thinking of doing this exact thing.
(I mean, 30 bucks for a pretty damn good base? I'm sold)
I'm not sure how possible it is since I don't have my hands on one yet but, I was thinking of going and modding the emitter so that it could fit a typical 1in OD blade (Im assuming just finding a way to seat a 1in ID coupler where the current emmitter is?) and better vent blades. It's not like I need it to be that strong since Im never gonna be dueling with it, but enough that a better main LED setup would be good for, like for cosplay purposes

No idea, I'm just making mine an accurate static hilt.

Are you leaving the electronics in, or did you gut them? Just curious.

I ended up preserving mine. It made it a pain to add weights to the inside because of how they are laid out.

Last edited:
No idea, I'm just making mine an accurate static hilt.

Hows the weight of this? I really want just a static hilt, but I'm kinda into the weight/feel of the force fx. I wonder if you can weight it enough so it feels substantial instead of light and cheap feeling.

Hows the weight of this? I really want just a static hilt, but I'm kinda into the weight/feel of the force fx. I wonder if you can weight it enough so it feels substantial instead of light and cheap feeling.

It's very light. If you want that really heavy feel, you probably need to empty it out. I got a couple pieces of metal in mind that help out a lot, but it's still not "solid steel heavy"

It's very light. If you want that really heavy feel, you probably need to empty it out. I got a couple pieces of metal in mind that help out a lot, but it's still not "solid steel heavy"

I dont want it to feel like its a 10lb weight. Just enough where a good paint job might make you think twice if it was resin/plastic or painted metal. Like, get it so it doesn't feel like a hollow piece of molded plastic. I kinda want to mod this and get it as close as I can to the hero prop.

If you get creative with the use of space, you can definitely achieve that. I used a few steel bolts, and two old sockets. Don't know what the total weight is now, but it feels more real.

Are you leaving the electronics in, or did you gut them? Just curious.

I ended up preserving mine. It made it a pain to add weights to the inside because of how they are laid out.

Until recently I was keeping them, I even gave it a louder speaker, but after getting to adding a new exposed core, i found that they were getting in the way, so i removed them. I sill have them in tact though, so I could put them back later.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back