Dragoncon 2015 Green Arrow (inspired by Arrow season 4 suit)

wickley

Here is my Green Arrow suit that I debuted at Dragoncon 2015. It is inspired by the new season 4 suit. I know that it's not screen accurate, but there weren't a lot of reference photos available when I started it and i wanted to be the the first to build one myself. I also wasn't going to spend the $1400 on a Kestrel, and I don't care for the wooden replicas. I heard that someone is going to 3D print one, so i'm excited about that. My Smallville PSE Mojo looks awesome enough for cosplay! I saw a few season 4 suits at Dragoncon that people bought offline, but I thought it would be fun to try making one.

In 2011 and 2011 i wore a purchased (but heavily modified) Smallville GA suit. In 2012 I built what I think is the first attempt at an Arrow Season One suit. This was several months before the show even debuted. It wasn't perfect, but I put a lot of work into the bow based on a few photos online from the 2012 San Diego Comic Con. In 2013 I wore an internet purchased (and modified) Arrow suit. By 2013 there were a lot of Dragoncon Arrows walking around so I wanted to do something different for 2014. I did a comic inspired GA that was what I thought the show might evolve to in 2013. I called it my Arrow season 2.5 costume. As we know, they waited until season 4 to radically change the costume,but I wasn't far off! Here is a collage of my previous suits and a couple of shots of my new suit by Bryan Humphrey.

evolution.jpg

COTu2fjW8AEvuxo.jpg

COTu2hNWcAAe8B7.jpg

I took the sleeves off a leather jacket and glued craft foam to the surface to simulate the leather panels. I sewed the hood out of scrap leather using a cut up hoodie as a template. When I started there was only one reference picture, and now there are a bunch, so you'll have a much easier time of it!

I am trying to do this as well but I am having trouble figuring out the torso/ hooded part. Any help would be much appreciated.

From the initial screenshot I couldn't tell what it was, so I used an adhesive vinyl with a carbon fiber pattern on it. It seemed suitably high-tech/bulletproof looking for a functional suit.

Thank you so much!!! And what did you do for the little mesh like pieces?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back