The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

The extended ending DLC for Mass Effect 3 isn't perfect but it's so much better than the original ending. As far as I know, it's still free to download.

It's worth looking into. I'll do some research for now before I decide to buy.

Must've been a real **** ending to literally crumble so badly in the last 5 minutes after 3 solid games.

It was a media ****storm for them. The "fix" DLC they put out plugged some of the holes, but also created new ones. Half of those who were upset with the ending found it satisfactory, so that was that. The Citadel DLC on the other hand was a heck of a lot of fun. It was pure fan service, but I didn't mind.

The series is flawed and a lot of ME3's issues originated in ME2, but it's still one of my favorite video game series and I've poured hundreds of hours into it.

I downloaded FarCry 4 and couldn't get it to work at all! On the LAST day of the trial period I requested a refund from Steam... NOPE! They refused to give me a refund. Can't stand STEAM!

It was a media ****storm for them. The "fix" DLC they put out plugged some of the holes, but also created new ones. Half of those who were upset with the ending found it satisfactory, so that was that. The Citadel DLC on the other hand was a heck of a lot of fun. It was pure fan service, but I didn't mind.

The series is flawed and a lot of ME3's issues originated in ME2, but it's still one of my favorite video game series and I've poured hundreds of hours into it.

Speaking of the Citadel DLC I usually I picked Ashley as my love interest (she's not racist!). On the first playthrough after getting that DLC I decided my Shepard would be a by the book commander and not fraternize with junior officers (( was trying to put more RPG into it, don't judge! :lol ). So anyway when something happened between her and another person I surprised myself because I was jealous. :lol So I think they did a good job of writing the characters if you can get that attached, even if it's not consciously.

Speaking of the Citadel DLC I usually I picked Ashley as my love interest (she's not racist!). On the first playthrough after getting that DLC I decided my Shepard would be a by the book commander and not fraternize with junior officers (( was trying to put more RPG into it, don't judge! :lol ). So anyway when something happened between her and another person I surprised myself because I was jealous. :lol So I think they did a good job of writing the characters if you can get that attached, even if it's not consciously.

Haha, Ash is my personal canon LI so I can't fault you there. Makes Virmire interesting on some play throughs.

Anyone have any info on the Super NES Mini? Supposedly comes out in September, but GameStop says no plans to do preorders? I read somewhere that Wallmart accidentally took preorders and immediately sold out..only to refund all orders because apparently they were not supposed to take preorders yet. I know there has been some preorders in the UK.

I really hope this launch is not going to be like the Nintendo Clasic mini debacle.

Anyone have any info on the Super NES Mini? Supposedly comes out in September, but GameStop says no plans to do preorders? I read somewhere that Wallmart accidentally took preorders and immediately sold out..only to refund all orders because apparently they were not supposed to take preorders yet. I know there has been some preorders in the UK.

I really hope this launch is not going to be like the Nintendo Clasic mini debacle.

I think all of the preorders already happened, amazon, nintendostore, tesco, smith toys, I've seen them all take pre orders last month or so! You might have to get to smith toys as soon as it's opened on release day :p

I think all of the preorders already happened, amazon, nintendostore, tesco, smith toys, I've seen them all take pre orders last month or so! You might have to get to smith toys as soon as it's opened on release day :p

Those Bastards! :lol. Ah, well I signed up for alerts from Amazon and Wallmart for Nadia. Thanks for the info. I'll keep trying.

I've been signed up for notifications via Amazon as soon as it is supposed to be available for pre-order. I haven't received anything yet.

Release date has been moved to after Christmas. Nintendo ***** up again missing out on the holiday season shopping frenzy.

Yeah... I've got a LOT of games on my 35$ pi3...

You guys have fun fighting crowds to pay 60$ for 29 games.

(I tried to get one last year, through my frustration I found out about the Raspberry Pi revolution)

Nintendo should've met demand the first go... now are they just taunting their customers???

Anyone playing Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice? I watched a letsplay of the first 30 minutes and it seems great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah... I've got a LOT of games on my 35$ pi3...

You guys have fun fighting crowds to pay 60$ for 29 games.

(I tried to get one last year, through my frustration I found out about the Raspberry Pi revolution)

Nintendo should've met demand the first go... now are they just taunting their customers???

PSP. Gotta love that portability.

Have you seen the off brand 600 game version with HDMI hook ups?
https://8-bit-replay.myshopify.com/...-mini-classic-console-with-600-built-in-games

A retro game console with HDMI, what a shame.......
I still maintain that the Nes mini is just an emulator (just as the Snes mini). We can find emulators for free.....

Yes, i'm a retro gamer, i'm living in the past :lol

- - - Updated - - -

Been playing Sonic Mania since it came out. A great Sonic game for the old school Sonic gamers.

Wich game console do you use ?

Still looking for a solid single player fps experience. Might have to bite on the next battlefront game.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back