The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

If you were to introduce someone to Civilization, which one would you suggest? Which is your favorite?

I liked Civ IV best with Beyond the Sword. I tend to like to play only Earth maps with as many countries as possible, and my recollection is that Civ IV did the best job. They all have flaws, but no Civ game before V did one-unit-per-tile, which I think belongs more in games like Panzer Corps.

My husband got me a copy of Jurassic world Evolution and I started playing last night. Holy crap, is this game fun... after a stressful day at work, frolicking with dinosaurs at my very own jurassic park was exactly what I needed!

i thought there were a few titles from P.S. with V.R. versions available? i think it was TRANSFERENCE? it looked pretty good for V.R. :cheers

So I just downloaded the new demo for Octopath Traveler on Switch and I love it. It makes me think of what a new 16-bit Final Fantasy game would be like. The pixel art is gorgeous and the music is superb. Officially very excited for 7/13 when the full version releases.

I must say the news for PSVR was.... really, underwhelming. London heist is still the best thing about PSVR
And no Ace Combat news *sigh*

Hesitant about getting Jurassic World Evolution, being too repetitive and what-not

A couple of things:

#1 I bought a switch for the family and I friggin love it. Shovel Knight and stardew valley are fantastic. There's also an eShop sale going on right now and I picked up Zelda on sale.

#2 I just downloaded angry birds for the iPad. I figured that my 5 year old would like it.

What happened? I've played it a ton on Android and it was this simple game I bought for a dollar 6 years ago.

But now, it's nothing but ads for spending more money? Heck, it forced me to watch an Incredibles 2 commercial between levels! If you ask me, the game is broken

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This was iOS.

I went to Google play and they still had the old games that you could pay for

Gotcha. I don't have much iOS experience, and frankly most mobile games have left me disappointed so my Android gaming habits are way down too.

Gotcha. I don't have much iOS experience, and frankly most mobile games have left me disappointed so my Android gaming habits are way down too.
I'm a die-hard Android fan.

But recently I bought an iPad because for some silly reason, I thought it would be more conducive to kids.

I was so wrong.

I had an iPad briefly. Couldn't wrap my head around the OS. I like to be able to find things when I go looking for them in my technology.

Might as well bump this back up. With Red Dead Redemption 2 only a week away I'm pretty much expecting to see my entire friends list playing this release day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might as well bump this back up. With Red Dead Redemption 2 only a week away I'm pretty much expecting to see my entire friends list playing this release day.
/QUOTE]

56A60DFB-124F-44FA-89BE-CD7F609F31AC.jpeg

Yes sir, time to mount up. Only down side is the online multiplayer won’t be for at least 2-3 weeks after the release day.

Currently playing LEGO DC SUPERVILLAINS, while i wait for Spiderman to release its first DLC. Shadow of the Tomb Raider will probably take a little bit longer break once the Spiderman DLC hits

I just started playing Overwatch after getting it in the Humble Monthly. It's pretty fun so far, though a little overwhelming at first, since every toon has their own abilities and such. I'm settling into a few favorites and getting the hang of them. Also got Blood Bowl 2 as part of a sale, which so far seems good. I'm only playing the campaign in that at the moment, and getting used to some of the differences. Lots more polish in this one, though.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back