The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

I picked up one of those 150 NES games on one cart from eBay. Man is that thing awesome. I wish I knew what kind of witchcraft they used to make it work.

Yeah i got a famicom one assuming a get around to building a case for the adaptor. I'm trying to collect retro game magazines but even the worst of them is expensive for a physical copy. I just realized i prefer the 1990s gaming scene from the look to the selection to the quality, everything now has to be a AAA release or it doesn't get put out it seems. Square is letting 3rd parties remake their old games or worse licensing them out to bad knockoffs like the last Front Mission instead of giving everyone Front Mission 5.

Yeah it's custom for sure, the only one like you're looking for what the PAL style cover in a universal game case. I'm honestly shocked there aren't more of them on the cover site i go to.
You can always keep an eye on this site, someone might add it. http://www.thecoverproject.net/view.php?cat_id=8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tr-7mrOsUM
Yes thank you for the link, that was the first place I looked as I use that website a lot, hopefully someone will upload a good cover for it :)

It's about the only site out there anymore. I used to use it but since I got rid of all my universal game cases I haven't used it much.

Super Star Wars, Super Empire Strikes Back, Super Return of the Jedi, Super Indiana Jones (Ok, it wasn't Super but it was definitely in the same spirit), Super Back to the Future 2. They needed to make more of the Super lines!

There's no excuse for them not giving us Super BTTF compared to the crappy LJN games we got from the franchise. It even has an appropriate soundtrack.

Hi Gang,

Me and a bunch of friends are playing the old FPS Soldier of Fortune: Double Helix online. What a BLAST from the PAST! The MP is so much fun... the best part... NO STEAM! ;)

We're going to reboot the old Unreal and original CoD and MoH games soon as well!

Last edited:
I've given up on Destiny again, it's turning into a crappy 3rd rate PvP only game at this rate. I'm not even giving them 30.00 for the new dlc. If anything i'll wait until next year when it's 15.00 on psn. Too many other things coming out and i'm falling behind on my retro collecting.

I've been playing a bunch of Star Wars Battlefront and generally enjoying it. Also been playing Disney Infinity, in spite of the game being canceled. Picked up a bunch of figures for it for dirt cheap yesterday. I will have the whole Star Wars collection except the characters with a LightFX variant and those packaged with them in a toy box set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys should go with dark souls 3 if you want some fun pvp & pve. Plus you can't buy all the top gear. So the field is balanced as long you explore and upgrade your weapons n spells. Plus we got a fight club on two maps.

Tried the first game and hated it, actually. Interesting concept but I found the execution to be not for me.

Super Star Wars, Super Empire Strikes Back, Super Return of the Jedi, Super Indiana Jones (Ok, it wasn't Super but it was definitely in the same spirit), Super Back to the Future 2. They needed to make more of the Super lines!
Wouldn't you love a new platformer star wars game? Something like metroidvania?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I'm trying to avoid anything PvP, it's bad enough dealing with real people during the day i don't want to have to put up with their stupidity online too lol

Tried the first game and hated it, actually. Interesting concept but I found the execution to be not for me.

Same here. I tried Dark Souls 2, with two seperate builds and I just couldn't get into it, mostly due to the combat system kicking my butt more than the difficulty.

I would really enjoy playing GTA V online if RS would fix their Matchmaking system.

Agreed. I love GTA 5 but I don't play enough to keep ranking up like a lot of people. And some of those triple digit ranked people can be very snobbish about teams to do heists with.

I'm trying to avoid anything PvP, it's bad enough dealing with real people during the day i don't want to have to put up with their stupidity online too lol

I've been playing "The Division" on PS4 and it has a decent solo grind, but the Dark Zone(PVP area), can get pretty frustrating if you're alone. I'll join teams if I get invites, but I don't have a headset to start my own or really get a team going. I do enjoy it though and need to get a headset and do more team stuff. Currently doing "hunt and destroy" missions to get more intel to go after the "HVT" missions....and running around scooping up collectibles.

I can't stand being attacked on my own by Rogue Agents(other players), in the Dark Zone but it is what it is. I do what I can to stay out of their way and there are areas to grind without them around. But you still have to check their position(s), on the map when you go to extract items because they can ruin your day by hijacking your stuff or just killing you and taking it. That is when being in a group really pays off. Although their are also some really higher ranking geared up players who get their jollies just murder/plundering all over the lower ranked map, once again, something that could be helped by matchmaking or closing off areas of the Dark Zone from too much of a gap between players..or maybe just make it so they can't attack each other if you're too high of a rank...1st world problems...

Last edited:
Who are your fav heroes? I'm mainly Tracer followed by Soldier and Junkrat(recently) :)

I try to "main' atleast 1 character from every role but end up playing alot of support (Lucio) cus not alot want to play that. Altho if i can pick its Soldier, Junkrat and prob Hanzo

How has your luck been with the lootboxes? around lvl 45 and so far havent had a single legendary :unsure

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back