The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

I love that kickstarter is giving these creators an outlet when the industry won't. I still have to chuckle when fans of megaman and castlevania came out to back the original creators in new games in those styles with so much funding when Konami and Capcom have pretty much written the franchises off claiming nobody wants to play them. Kickstarter keeps proving that the industry is wrong and there is still room for those genres. I backed Battletech recently too and while not as much as i have in the past for shadowrun i'll keep backing turn based rpgs until nobody makes them anymore.

I love that kickstarter is giving these creators an outlet when the industry won't. I still have to chuckle when fans of megaman and castlevania came out to back the original creators in new games in those styles with so much funding when Konami and Capcom have pretty much written the franchises off claiming nobody wants to play them. Kickstarter keeps proving that the industry is wrong and there is still room for those genres. I backed Battletech recently too and while not as much as i have in the past for shadowrun i'll keep backing turn based rpgs until nobody makes them anymore.

classic megaman is STILL fun. I pretend that N64 game, and those role playing games where your in some virtual reality world, never existed.

anyone pick up back to the future telltale? how do the new lines from tom wilson sound?

My copy should arrive tomorrow. You know it's cheaper to buy this version for 20.00 than to buy the older version for the ps4? It's insane. I'm still hoping Transformers Devastation makes enough money to bring a sequel. I also have wasteland 2 on the way so i'm going be very busy. I wish i'd gotten into the credits on wasteland 2 but i didn't hit the 100.00 mark.

I was super lucky and my friend sold me one dirt cheap and then i got the NES controller one last year for christmas. It stays in the box though. Anyone else here miss old school JRPGs that were turn based? I'd kill for an actual good sequel to Lunar. Then again I'd also kill to get square to take it's head out of its backside and bring out Front mission 5, the one other front mission we never got, and the one star ocean we never got.

Anyone else here miss old school JRPGs that were turn based?

You have a 3DS? Check out Bravely Default. It's very much the spiritual successor of old-school Final Fantasy games, specifically Four Heroes of Light (itself a spiritual successor of the old-school FF games, and BD was specifically created as a spiritual successor to it), and FFV. Yes, chapters 5-8 can get repetitive, but you're only required to do the minimum to continue the story, the rest is optional.

I was super lucky and my friend sold me one dirt cheap and then i got the NES controller one last year for christmas. It stays in the box though. Anyone else here miss old school JRPGs that were turn based? I'd kill for an actual good sequel to Lunar. Then again I'd also kill to get square to take it's head out of its backside and bring out Front mission 5, the one other front mission we never got, and the one star ocean we never got.

I'm hoping Square-Enix will port the new Dragon Quest XI game over. I'm buying the new Dragon Quest Heroes just to help the sales numbers in North America, and it has some of the characters from Dragon Quest VIII in it, and I loved Dragon Quest VIII.

Sadly, I really want the 3ds just so I can play Mario 2 and other nes games at work

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Good, I never got to Shenmue 2 yet but the first one was a fun because it was different. I'm not surprised, games seem to be the one thing on kickstarter to hit their goal within a day or two. I know the Battletech one had hit their goal in a few hours but I bet it wasn't nearly as high as the shenmue one. Started playing the BTTF the game and Tom Wilson only redid the lines of Biff and not the other Tannens which i was hoping they had him do just to keep continuity with him being all the Tannens in the movie. Oddly enough he really does look like the older Biff makeup from the movies now lol

Yeah and it would keep the tradition alive though to be fair the guy who did the biff voice the first time around was closer than I realized. I now have a 4' starfox command floor display and barely any space for it lol. I need to google how it goes together as it's missing a few pieces.

Hi all I'm a big fan of retro gaming and also back to the future, I managed to get a pal English conversation of the snes supper back to the future 2, but I can't seem to find the box artwork anywhere, so if someone has got the English box art and would share it or pint me in the right direction thank would be great! Thank you in advance:)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    336.4 KB · Views: 198
That might be hard to find, my go-to site for original and custom covers doesn't have anything for the SNES game.

Yes from what I've played the supper back to the future 2 was the best of all the retro games that was available at the time, it was originally only available for the super famicon (so it was only sold in Japan) so the original box art is only in Japanese:)

Here is the original box etc .... So the box art I'm looking for is probably fan made :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    703.8 KB · Views: 206
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 232

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back