The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

I'm surprised how much I'm playing Chess Ultra on Oculus Rift in VR.
I'm not a great chess player but VR just makes it that much more interesting. I really like playing VR chess against The Grim Reaper.

ChessUltra_VR_GrimReaper-3-1.png

Anyone like Starcraft? Just saw that they announced a remastered version that can play on 4k monitors.

Yes. Starcraft has always remained on every computer I've had since the game came out. Love the game and the overall story as well. I've already pre-purchased the remaster and I am hoping to delve into the editor again and see what is possible to create now. I can still vividly remember massive battles I had with friends at LAN parties years ago and I know a lot of the people I used to play with back then will likely be picking it up. I also still regularly play the original Dawn of War with the same group of friends and we often switch back and forth between the two games.

Yes. Starcraft has always remained on every computer I've had since the game came out. Love the game and the overall story as well. I've already pre-purchased the remaster and I am hoping to delve into the editor again and see what is possible to create now. I can still vividly remember massive battles I had with friends at LAN parties years ago and I know a lot of the people I used to play with back then will likely be picking it up. I also still regularly play the original Dawn of War with the same group of friends and we often switch back and forth between the two games.
Yep, all my computers have always had it as well. Just late last year I played through all the levels again. There was the one map called The Hunters I used to play online. Everytime I got a new computer, I'd take that level, boost all the resources to full and see how many computer opponents I could defeat. Fun times.

Its one of the few PC games I play. The story is really good alone.
And the old one, including brood war, is free now. Its one of the best RTS strategy games there is. Man. I miss those days. Starcraft, Command and Conquer, Warcraft. Hell, even Totall Annihilation was fun. Kind of dumb, but fun nonetheless.

I beat the new zelda game the other day and man. While the last fight was laughably easy, I was more upset about the ending, or lack there of to. Usually Zelda games have an awesome ending that tie everything up, and really get the feelings going, at least for me anyway. There is usually this sense of accomplishment, then sadness because its over. With this, I didnt get ANY of that. I dont know if the ending sucked because they plan on DLC in the future or what, but MAN was I let down. Im glad I didnt buy the system just for that game, a friend let me borrow it and his wii u, so Im not out any money. And the game was fun, but I expect a level of story from Zelda games, and this one was basically just a series of puzzles scattered throughout the world, like a series of mini games and thats it. It wasnt very cohesive. Anyone else feel the same way?

what a way to make a console come back for Atari. especially with a giant 3-D logo flashing during the new bladerunner movie. can you say product placement?? :D

I beat the new zelda game the other day and man. While the last fight was laughably easy, I was more upset about the ending, or lack there of to. Usually Zelda games have an awesome ending that tie everything up, and really get the feelings going, at least for me anyway. There is usually this sense of accomplishment, then sadness because its over. With this, I didnt get ANY of that. I dont know if the ending sucked because they plan on DLC in the future or what, but MAN was I let down. Im glad I didnt buy the system just for that game, a friend let me borrow it and his wii u, so Im not out any money. And the game was fun, but I expect a level of story from Zelda games, and this one was basically just a series of puzzles scattered throughout the world, like a series of mini games and thats it. It wasnt very cohesive. Anyone else feel the same way?

I think you just just hit the nail on the head as to why I haven't really been able to get immersed in the game. It just doesn't seem like it flows very well with the way the world is designed.

I actually notice this with most open world style games. Ghost Recon Wildlands was the same way...it felt more like a bunch of separate mildly related short stories than it did one large sprawling overarching story. I still enjoyed that game because of the co-op and the tactical aspects of the gameplay, but the story flow was definitely a weak spot.

I really enjoy the Zelda gameplay, but the whole thing just hasn't really sucked me in.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back