The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

There's a mod I got that replaces the T-60 suits at the beginning with T-51. Then when the loading screen shows T-60 it says (not canon though) that the T-60 was made using tech reverse engineered from the Enclave armor captured in the Capital Wasteland. That was also my idea to retcon it so hopefully they will change that in a future game! In F3 you mostly see T45 armor in the BOS so it would make sense that they preferred to base a new suit on it and that's why the T-60 looks similar.

Does anyone else have a problem with only playing one way through a game with multiple options? For example, none of the other Fallout 4 storylines (Railroad, Institute, I might do the Minutemen one) really appeal to me. I end up replaying a game the exact same way, well mostly, each time. I have my preferred way and I usually go with that. Another example would be Skyrim where I've always played as a Nord or Imperial. I don't have any interest in being an Orc, Elf, or Khajiit. Maybe if the magic was better I might, but I like my bow and swords too much! I still have a lot of fun, but any time I start thinking about doing something different, it doesn't sound as fun as how I usually play.

Minus doing "totally good" or "totally bad" play throughs ala kotor/ME, etc...yea, I usually do the same. I like sword and shield with some magical abilities (mostly heal), but I've never been able to change my preferred play style. Even in Mass Effect, I would play as a biotic but still pumped ability points so I could use assault rifles like a soldier.

Last edited:
Same here my Shepard was always a soldier. I did play as an infiltrator a couple of times, but that's as far as I went. I thought biotics might be interesting, but then I think "If I'm going to play it, I don't want to miss out playing as a soldier." :lol

Is there really going to be an Apocalypse Now video game? Just saw a teaser trailer and it looks spectacular.

It was a Kickstarter game that didn't get its funding. So as far as I know it's been cancelled unless a publisher has come along and picked it up.

Man, that Apocalypse Now game sounds amazing. I hope it happens. Although I'd have to break down and buy a console to play it on...
Reading that article, though, I came across this line:

Kilgore chooses to adopt a persona to literally have a glow around him and to have fun leading his men into battle because he both honestly believes that that is the best way to keep the most number of his men alive and to win the battle each time as decisively as possible, and he has fun doing it.

Granted, I haven't seen the movie 70 times, but I did grow up with it, and that's not the impression I got from Kilgore at all.
I always thought he was cracked - but instead of shutting down, he went the other way, like the surgeons in M*A*S*H.
The guy's just trying to hold it together the best way he knows how. His job is wholesale slaughter and destruction. No sane man could actually enjoy that.
He orders a man into the surf while they're engaged in a firefight. That's insane.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are sites that have full working images for the pi3 which includes roms. Basically download the image, write it to a sd card, and setup a controller. Thats what I did and while it may be cheating it sure was easy. I used arcadepunks through a google search but there may be others.

Soo... I really want to jump on the raspberry bandwagon with the ultimate goal of playing Nintendo to n64 games plus arcade greats like killer instinct mortal kombat etc.

how hard is the raspberry pi3 to setup? Can you use a MacBook to set it up?

Do you need the heat sinks fans etc? I see all kinds of accessories. I like to tinker and I've fixed video game systems for several friends of friends... but I am ignorant to code etc.

How hard are these things for a noob. What do I need, and what do i need to know?

Ps...
The switch is the best selling system Nintendo has ever made and they can't crank them out fast enough...

Anyone still playing Gameloft's Captain America The Winter Soldier on Iphone?
About a week ago couldn't get my player profile to load and it seems that Gameloft is no longer supporting the game.

IMG_6315.JPGGreetings all... huge METAL GEAR SOLID fan here. Just met David Hayter at C2E2 here in Chicago. I recently sent him a gift of a SOCOM mk23 pistol which he loved !!! He posted it on his twitter and talked about it in an interview which you can find on YouTube... here's my encounter https://youtu.be/toJO9aS2aNc

Last edited:
The last one of those I played was MGS 3. I suck at stealth games. 9/10 I end up fighting the entire army anyway. :lol The Deus Ex series was a little better because they aren't like some where if you slip up the game floods you with enemies so you'll always die.

I had the first (I think) MG game for the NES and I couldn't even figure out how to get past the second screen with guard dogs! To be fair I was 10 or 11. Until maybe 3 or 4 years later when I found cheat codes, I didn't even play it.

Star Trek Bridge Crew for Oculus, Vive and PS is out and it's pretty amazing!
I'm playing solo until I have the skips to go online with a random crew.

I just read "I'm playing Sulu..." :lol I read Star Trek and my brain apparently took over.

That is one game that looks really fun. I want Star Wars Bridge Crew where not only do you have to run the ship, but do so without getting choked out by Vader.

Have you guys heard of M.U.G.E.N.? It's basically every 2dfighting game combined and customizable.

Can anyone tell me how to get it for a MacBook Pro? I've tried 50 links that were either broken, incomplete, or led me to a bunch of clickbait DL crap...

Would this work on a raspberry pi?

Have you guys heard of M.U.G.E.N.? It's basically every 2dfighting game combined and customizable.

Can anyone tell me how to get it for a MacBook Pro? I've tried 50 links that were either broken, incomplete, or led me to a bunch of clickbait DL crap...

Would this work on a raspberry pi?

Oh yeah, Mugen has been around forever in various forms. Basically any game with sprite based graphic characters can be ripped and inserted into a Mugen fighter. It's basically the kit bashing of video games. There really isn't a formal structure or balance to the mechanics, it's just sort of a for fun graphic hack style game. I've never personally played any iteration of it so I am not sure what it would take to get it up and running, but I've seen some entertaining vids of it on youtube.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back