The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

Waht? You're crazy, man.
It's totally different. It's completely new.

I'm a die hard TOMB RAIDER fan from back in the day, and I frakking LOVE the new games.
They eliminated everything I hated about the originals, and put in all the stuff I always wanted.

Plus, games are fantasy.
If it was true to life, Lara would have drowned at the start.
I would have...
What kind of game would that be?
"Well, I watched 10 minutes of cinematics, then I drowned and washed up on the beach. That was fun. $60 well spent. Two thumbs up!"

It was okay, the story was interesting, but I wouldn't say it was great. I would definitely play the sequel, when it's on sale. I just probably wouldn't play it again any time soon.

I hate the death scenes, I know someone who looks a lot like game lara (more than that actress in the new movie) and it hits hard seeing those happen.

Finally found a mission in the new Mass Effect that feels like it belongs in the second game. Apparently Star Wars is a thing in the ME universe as the lead character quotes the movie at a villain and his buddy chuckles at it. If only the rest of the game was that much fun.

So,

I had to buy a New Nintendo DS to get access to SNES games (stupid Nintendo)....
So, here is a question.

If I transfer the games over from my OLD DS, will the games I re bought on the new one still stay on the old one? In other words, If I bought Metroid on the new DS, will the OLD copy of metroid stay on my old DS, or will it just copy over and the old DS will remain game empty?

i have an old PS3 and was thinking of downloading the free ace combat 8 (i think) and the zen pinball. im not looking for online play, just something cool to add.. :wacko anyone play these games?? i mean for free it couldn't be to bad??

Last edited:
Currently have 2tb's of my PS4 library installed, patched and backed up on to my external HD. Steadily working through my entire PS4 game library.

I need to learn how to hook an external drive up to my consoles, i want one for each one since 1tb drives are cheap now. Surprisingly there aren't many games coming out right now that i'm too excited about. Which is actually a good thing for once.

I need to learn how to hook an external drive up to my consoles, i want one for each one since 1tb drives are cheap now. Surprisingly there aren't many games coming out right now that i'm too excited about. Which is actually a good thing for once.

On the PS4, you just plug it into a USB port. It will ask to format the drive to be compatible with the PS4, and that's it.

Also Battlefront 2 trailer coming on the 15th and rumor mill says a Nintendo Switch Mario Kart Deluxe bundle may be coming in the near future.

Also a new game in the NBA Jam series, NBA Playgrounds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36DVC-LUCZg

Last edited:
Interesting strategy to discontinue something that's flying off the shelves. I've been hoping to find one (at retail) for awhile now but I guess that's not going to happen. If that's the case, I've got some news on what they can do with their Switch and it's one game worth owning. (And I'm someone who bought a Wii-U.). Guess I'll stick with the Rasberry Pi and every game they ever made and they won't get a dime from it.

I can't believe they've discontinued this.

Unless, of course they are planning on releasing a version 2

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Nintendo's dropping the ball left and right. They should make bundles on the estore so you can buy entire NES and SNES series at once but instead everyone's just going to pirate their stuff. That moment when you realize that for a week you've been dying in destiny because you're left stick didn't press in right to make you sprint. Broke out the fresh one today and good lord it makes a different, especially in pvp. Broke out the new PS3 one too but it's not making me enjoy killzone 1 at all lol.

The good: the likely return of KOTOR

The bad: F@&! YOU console exclusivity!!! I hate thee with the fire of an infinite number of universes. If EVER there was an Devil signed agreement between "competing" CEOs it was this, so they know people will buy all systems just to play exclusives. F&*C YOU!!!

The Ugly: It's being made my BIOWARE/EA...so....yea, probably a disappointment.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://youtu.be/ZGrF9kp3ixY

The good: the likely return of KOTOR

The bad: F@&! YOU console exclusivity!!! I hate thee with the fire of an infinite number of universes. If EVER there was an Devil signed agreement between "competing" CEOs it was this, so they know people will buy all systems just to play exclusives. F&*C YOU!!!

The Ugly: It's being made my BIOWARE/EA...so....yea, probably a disappointment.

as a nintendo fan, you get used to not playing the best version or any version of the latest and greatest so i agree about console exclusives

I'm actually in the middle of that game right now. Like you said, not perfect, but fun.
I'm going to try and get some of the trophies, but probably not all. I think I will try New Game + mode, but its then set on insane hardness. Kinda scared. Are you planning on doing everything to get the final ending?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back