Dragoncon 2016

I'll be in my Avengers 2012 Black Widow costume and I truly hope no one tries to punch me. I just finished the last soldering on my "bonus upgrade props" for DC, but I'll probably still be working on the software for them during the flight. Aside from losing almost two days of build time due to 3D printer issues, the design & build went really quickly. My previous widow's bites were not very bright in daylight or flash photos. I came up with what I consider to be an elegant 3D-printed design that allowed me the make the new ones in a fraction of the time I used on the two earlier versions.

This will be my first DC. I had seen videos from previous years, but the deciding factor for coming were: 1) the RPF meet at the very start, 2) recommendation from Silhouette Cosplay and 3) I was able to combine this trip with a business trip (alas, that means I will be leaving on Sunday afternoon).

I'll be in my Avengers 2012 Black Widow costume and I truly hope no one tries to punch me. I just finished the last soldering on my "bonus upgrade props" for DC, but I'll probably still be working on the software for them during the flight. Aside from losing almost two days of build time due to 3D printer issues, the design & build went really quickly. My previous widow's bites were not very bright in daylight or flash photos. I came up with what I consider to be an elegant 3D-printed design that allowed me the make the new ones in a fraction of the time I used on the two earlier versions.

This will be my first DC. I had seen videos from previous years, but the deciding factor for coming were: 1) the RPF meet at the very start, 2) recommendation from Silhouette Cosplay and 3) I was able to combine this trip with a business trip (alas, that means I will be leaving on Sunday afternoon).

Were so glad to hear this...I remember my first Dragoncon 4 years ago...I will never ever forget it, I wish I could experience again for the first time...Every year you learn something new and new tricks...You will have a blast, trust me...Dragoncon hooks everyone in and then you never want to leave...I remember my first time, I forgot about my life my job, everything...It was like going to Disney world for the first time as a kid...hahah...In case you didn't see this the other times I posted it I'm going to post again...probably one of the best things you could watch to teach you your way around Dragoncon...totally worth watching the whole thing...it helped me, I hope it helps you...Can't wait to meet you...Safe travels..

Last edited by a moderator:
HAVE AN AMAZING TIME EVERYONE I WILL MISS YOU ALL THIS COMING WEEKEND!!!!! So bummed to not be attending but such is life. You all better have an absolutely amazing time! ;D

I will surely miss you...we won't forget about you...trust me...This is one of my favorite photos from last year...
12002956_10207821874011503_8251588746037343937_n.jpg

So who's started packing? Who's finished packing, Who hasn't started packing?...Me I just finished my packing list, I will start packing on Wednesday...So am I the only one that makes a detailed packing list when attending a convention?...

14199705_10210528936486373_1218847342872023725_n.jpg

My packing list is literally "pack ALL the clean boxers and some shirts"

I've taken up to 5 showers in a single day at one convention before...I don't want to smell like comic-con in submarine

Started yesterday thing to figure out how to get all the props in one case and the costumes in another. 7 costumes form me and my wife. Holy cow I've got a lot of stuff tis year!

Glad to hear everyone is getting things in order...I still am missing a few things for one of my costumes...I should be fixing that in the next two days...Tomorrow is my last day at work, before my vacation begins...I took off Wednesday so I can get everything finished up. My best friend from Miami is driving up on Wed, and then were driving up to Dragoncon on Thursday, It will be his first time attending Dragoncon. I can't wait to see you all, I can't believe this year has gone by so quickly. Sadly I was unable to work on all my new costumes I had plans for this year. Hopefully all that will change now I'm back on nights. Needless to say I can't wait to see all of my old friends as well as make so many new ones...If your not able to make it to the meet keep an eye out for me these will be my costumes this year...I will be Neo and Ted most the time, Starkiller on Saturday and Samurai Ronin Deadpool on Saturday & possible Sunday...

DC Costumes 2016.jpg

Last edited:
Oh poop. I didn't realize I needed to send another text to let you know I was attending again this year. Honestly, I am still trying to finish costumes and props and still get to the airport by 5:30 am. :-( Just wanted to give you a heads up I will be there. Kept my same Avatar. Hope I can still meet up and see everyone from last year!

Gamora67

The time is now, I know most of you are traveling, flying, driving, etc...I can't wait to see you all...I hope you all have safe travels and no delays...

This is the video that started it for me, I saw this video and I was like "I must attend this"...4 years later, here I am...Once again, I can't wait to see you all...see you soon....safe travels...

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back