Dragoncon 2016

So...Everyone for the most part is over the con crud...

Were all back to our daily work grind....and still missing Dragoncon...

So, my question is Halloween is coming up who's done with your costume, who's working on your costume, and what are you dressing as, working on, or commissioning?...

If you have any pics, please post as well...

We wish all of you luck on your builds...

So...Everyone for the most part is over the con crud...

Were all back to our daily work grind....and still missing Dragoncon...

So, my question is Halloween is coming up who's done with your costume, who's working on your costume, and what are you dressing as, working on, or commissioning?...

If you have any pics, please post as well...

We wish all of you luck on your builds...

I'm mostly over con crud. I still have a little chest cold that I'm trying to kick out. Chest colds are horrible roommates - they keep you up and make you feel bad. :lol

BUT...I do feel way better after the strep throat. That was horrible!

I decided that I'm going to do another Star Wars mashup for my Halloween costume. Those that know me will not be surprised! :D

I'm doing a gentleman stormtrooper with suite tails, vest, cane, top hat and the nine.

I'll post pics as it comes together.

What are you working Matrix? What are the rest of you working on for Halloween?

Joshua

As for me, I'm not working on anything for me right now...But I made a promise over a year ago, that my son's Boba Fett costume would be done in time for him to wear for Halloween, even though the costume is being made for the Star Wars Episode VII release...My son has been working on the costume for a while now...with pepakura, he cut everything out him self with sissors...I glued it all and he helped at the end now that he has learned how to use a glue gun...

Heres the build forum...http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=247514&p=3769542#post3769542

Here's a few pics...

IMG_20140308_224818601.jpgIMG_20140314_211242941.jpgIMG_20140315_222021540.jpgIMG_20150925_173610665.jpgIMG_20150926_113453530.jpgIMG_20150926_113635698_HDR.jpgIMG_20150926_113651099_HDR.jpgIMG_20150926_113908845.jpgIMG_20150926_113921148.jpgIMG_20150926_114011875.jpg

Dude that's awesome. Have him make me one lol.
This is the first year I caught the curd and it's still hanging on. Turned into inner ear mess. Fun fun fun.
Did anyone land a room at the Hyatt? It's sold out. I never even saw a date for the rooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the first year I caught the curd and it's still hanging on. Turned into inner ear mess. Fun fun fun.
Did anyone land a room at the Hyatt? It's sold out. I never even saw a date for the rooms.

Con Crud hit a lot of us hard this year. I'm still not 100%. I'm having fun with the same inner ear issue too.

Sucks about the Hyatt, was just on the phone with a friend about booking a room to share.

I think they open another block of rooms at some point.

Thanks, Yeah this year was the first time I got the con crud also....messed me up...luckily my eye is all better and not acting up. I was starting to get worried about it....

I will be attending DragonCon 2016. This past year was my first year at DragonCon but we had a blast and totally plan on going next year. A friend and I are throwing around the Idea of going as Daft Punk with each day of the Con wearing a different outfit worn by them. Any other Daft Punk Enthusiasts out there wanting to Join Us??

I will be attending the RPF Meeting!

Last edited:
I will be attending DragonCon 2016. This past year was my first year at DragonCon but we had a blast and totally plan on going next year. A friend and I are throwing around the Idea of going as Daft Punk with each day of the Con wearing a different outfit worn by them. Any other Daft Punk Enthusiasts out there wanting to Join Us??

Let us know if you your going to attend the RPF Meet, thanks...

hey all, just posting a couple quick concept mock up pics of my armor for next year so i have people who will be expecting it and motivate me to get it finished, i am doing a custom Darth Vader/Iron man design with various other elemenets
Screenshot from 2015-10-05 10:58:03.pngScreenshot from 2015-10-05 10:58:39.pngScreenshot from 2015-10-05 12:11:20.png

hey all, just posting a couple quick concept mock up pics of my armor for next year so i have people who will be expecting it and motivate me to get it finished, i am doing a custom Darth Vader/Iron man design with various other elemenets
View attachment 537591View attachment 537592View attachment 537593

Dude, that looks sick...I can't wait to see the finished product...do you have a build forum for your build if you don't you should make one....I'm defiantly digging this so far...

i probably will start one once i bother taking a couple of minutes to even check which category to post it in. im still getting used to having people who think my work is good enough to be counted as equal to the builds of the caliber i have seen time and time again on this website. what i showed here is the green ranger shield with a heartbreaker chest and a modified mini hulkbuster back that i narrowed and then stretched vertically. im going to be removing the parts of the greed ranger shield that covers the middle of the back but i want to keep the interaction along the diagonal at each shoulder. im also going to be removing all of the heartbreaker chest plate that you cannot see in the front view and removing the bulk of the center diamond of the ranger shield

- - - Updated - - -

by the way at the DC2015 meetup i was the one with the modified daedric helmet done with wood glue and baby wipes, it is still the same bright yellow as i havent decided on what colour to paint it yet or if im going to use it in this build or go more with a drath vader face on an iron man helmet

So, has everyone gotten a room yet?...Marriott went on sale to day and it was a joke, I got a room for 2014 and 2015 no problem, this never even gave me a choice for a room...I would really like to stay in a host hotel, but sigh, we shall see what happens...

So, has everyone gotten a room yet?...Marriott went on sale to day and it was a joke, I got a room for 2014 and 2015 no problem, this never even gave me a choice for a room...I would really like to stay in a host hotel, but sigh, we shall see what happens...

You know you are always welcome on my couch. I saw your FB post. But yeah if one of us can secure a room that would be ideal. There are downsides to taking Uber from my apartment. The best part of having a room is a place to chill between costume changes, naps, grabbing food and being at the con the whole time.

I'm gonna try and get a room at the Hyatt. You sir are first on the list if you want to stay with me.

I will be attending the RPF Meeting!

I've been toying with the idea of crossing Daft Punk with Boba Fett I would call this costume Daft Fett, or Boba Punk. LOL I'm down to hang out for a day if I end up doing that crossover cosplay.

You know you are always welcome on my couch. I saw your FB post. But yeah if one of us can secure a room that would be ideal. There are downsides to taking Uber from my apartment. The best part of having a room is a place to chill between costume changes, naps, grabbing food and being at the con the whole time.

I'm gonna try and get a room at the Hyatt. You sir are first on the list if you want to stay with me.

Thanks for that Josh, I greatly appreciate it...next year my dad may go depending on his health, and I have 2 friends that really want to go, so if you can get a room at the Hyatt or another host hotel or even close hotel, I have plenty of people that are willing to split the cost...

And yes I 100% agree on the fact of how it helps with costume changes and such...and relaxing when your tired...also you don't have to worry about buying beer or drinking and driving...

Thanks for that Josh, I greatly appreciate it...next year my dad may go depending on his health, and I have 2 friends that really want to go, so if you can get a room at the Hyatt or another host hotel or even close hotel, I have plenty of people that are willing to split the cost...

And yes I 100% agree on the fact of how it helps with costume changes and such...and relaxing when your tired...also you don't have to worry about buying beer or drinking and driving...

I looked at the Host Hotel page on the DragonCon website and EVERY host hotel is sold out as of now. But we know that they open blocks of rooms at later times. I'll do my best to book something. I may (worse case) book something close by, at least walking distance so we can still do costume changes and be around the con easier than staying at my apartment.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back