Batman facial details ideas

Rubberguard

Hello,

I have made a foam build Arkham Orgins cowl and im quite happy with the shape and how it came out. I cant figure out the best way to add in the eyebrow details, does anyone have any suggestions ?

I have all ready done a couple layers of Plasti Dip, maybe I can use latex caulk and attempt to sculpt the facial detail then plasti dip again ?

Thank you

nice cowl!

Im looking for curled eye brows but I cant decide how to get them done. I put plasti dip on mine and could not fill the gaps between the joins. Ive started putting caulking on it and hope next time I plasti dip it will cover the joins up.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can build eyebrows into this cowl ?

Thank you !
bat side.JPG

front bat.JPG

I used craft with custom templates for my arkham Knight /Custom cowl. Here's a pic.
20150909_200748.jpg
(Obviously. Some work to go) :D Id be happy to share the templates if you're interested.

Attachments

• 20150909_200457.jpg
    20150909_200457.jpg
    705 KB · Views: 97
Well I smoothed it and filled most of the gaps, im still stuck on a method to add in some eyebrow detail lines. Ive never tried sculpting anything but it seems like the only way I could. IMG_1903.JPG

Plummer's putty! I remember a member on Brotherhood of the Bat used it to sculpted the eyebrows on his cowl.

Second that. The putty is supposed to be really easy to use, and it's cheap. Once you get everything filled in, smoothed and all that, paint it with plasti-dip and you should be golden.

I'm interested in this because I want to do something similar on a Dr Fate helmet I've made. I could be wrong here but doesn't plumbers putty set very hard, so would you need to make sure the mask was fairly rigid and didn't flex at all in the area you add the putty in order to avoid it cracking or coming away from the foam?

After you spray it with Plasti Dip, it should be fine. I know of two guys that used this method and one cowl was foam the other, cardstock. Neither posted anything about it cracking. If you are doing just the eyebrows, you really should be ok.

Hi Bro, the plumbers putty i used (Epoxy clay from where i'm from), does harden like cement so i applied it to areas that should not flex. havent had any cracks since i made the TDK cowl. just spray several coats of plastidip after.

Hi Bro, the plumbers putty i used (Epoxy clay from where i'm from), does harden like cement so i applied it to areas that should not flex. havent had any cracks since i made the TDK cowl. just spray several coats of plastidip after.

I went to buy plumbers putty yesterday and noticed that it states it wont dry or harden. There was another product that is a stick of epoxy that you break off and massage to activate, it warms up and eventually becomes hard.

Do you know which type of product to use ?
The normal plumbers putty that is designed to stay soft would be easy to work with but if it does not harden im afraid it will become deformed.

go for the epoxy stick bro, thats the closest thing to the plumbers putty i used here, the brand name btw is 'waterstop' ( will set even underwater), the normal plumbers putty will harden but it may take several days but may remain tacky, the epoxy clay once activated will stay malleable for a few minutes before it begins to set and will be hard in less than an hour can be smoothen via wet fingers and can be sanded once completely cured.

wow Bigbat. that cowl looks awesome. if i hadn't read this thread, i would have never know that was foam. great work man.

wow that looks great its exactly what I need, you mentioned the brand was Water Stop, I could not find the product. Is it possible for you to pull up a link of the product or a similar one ? I am scared ill buy some epoxy that when you mix it gets hot and will dissolve the foam or something lol.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back