The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects

Nice workwork as always Jaitea :thumbsup

Question, these pictures are from April from Bandai presentation. It looks like a FM Falcon with new radar as Bandai don't have their own Falcon model. Could it be that Bandai borrowed this model from Fine Molds?

Last edited:
Nice workwork as always Jaitea :thumbsup

Question, these pictures are from April from Bandai presentation. It looks like a FM Falcon with new radar as Bandai don't have their own Falcon model. Could this be?
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd484/sqbiedoo/Mobile Uploads/Falcon7_zpsppv7liim.jpg
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd484/sqbiedoo/Mobile Uploads/Falcon7.2_zpsav5ncykv.jpg

Im not sure that is a bandai falcon. I think its a fine molds falcon that has a different dish. im sorry if iv misunderstood your point tho. I remember someone saying that anyway.

It is the FineMolds, a member here built it.....& built a few of them

they were for concept only & wont be in the film

J

Some wee things I noticed from the trailer

Open hatches of the landing gears
Screen%20Shot%202015-10-20%20at%2011.00.02_zpsn2ak4cho.png

The turret is turned backwards to shoot at the TIE
Screen%20Shot%202015-10-20%20at%2011.01.28_zpsgcfnrmvm.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-20%20at%2011.01.40_zpswaaztydq.png

J

Wait, what? The turret disk rotates???? How does that jive with the interior sets? So the gunport rooms and the connecting tunnel that's fixed to the interior ring hallway somehow rotate too? And this is now canon? No, really???

It doesn't bother me (apart from the logic of the turret wells)...as a kid, up until I knew better, I always thought it performed like a turret anyway,.....perhaps with no gunner they can operate like that 'unlocked'

heres another nice image......(love everything I've seen & heard on the new trailer BTW)

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-20%20at%2011.02.03_zpschutehjd.png

J

Fair nuff, Jaitea, but next time you complain about the logical design flaws of a PT ship you're gonna get a major smirking from me! :cheers Personally, this is harder for me to swallow than R2 fitting in a Naboo fighter. They're messing with the Falcon here.

Liked the trailer a lot, but I kinda wish there were more hints of space battles instead of just sky battles. It is STAR Wars, after all.

cannon canon

the old mpc does that

Was the MPC kit canon?

I'm no rivet counter by any means, but the internal sets don't indicate in any way that the gunports rotate or swivel out of a locked position. The ladder tunnel is fixed to the interior hallway and the tunnel is fixed to the gunports. Not that it made sense in the first place, but this only makes the inconsistencies worse.

They never showed it rotating in the old trilogy iirc. Maybe the rectangular radar dish isn't the only retrofit? ;)

it's only a movie....
- alfred hitchcock-

I would be sooooo down with this comment if it was applied equally across the entire saga. :cool

- - - Updated - - -

Not even in the same league matesy;)

J

Fudging is fudging, you magnificent ******* you.

But seriously, explain how this is supposed to work. Do the gunports swivel away from the ladder tunnel or does the ladder tunnel move and we just don't see it?

I honestly don't know......I'm gonna do some doodles tonight to try & get my head round it........(Stinson,....hear me,.....STINSON!!??)

J

Wait, what? The turret disk rotates???? How does that jive with the interior sets? So the gunport rooms and the connecting tunnel that's fixed to the interior ring hallway somehow rotate too? And this is now canon? No, really???
This is how it always was meant to work, but they never demonstrated it, also with the turret motorised when your done it would rotate back to the forward facing position so you can get to the ladder no matter where it is ........see simples

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back