The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects

I really hope they're able to fly the falcon fully manned in this movie.

The only reason I'm nervous about the glass in the 1/144 falcon is that when I did it on my first fine molds falcon, the glue really screwed it up. It totally fogged it up.

The other thing is that if I have to use masks for the glass, forget it. If the frame and glass are two parts, then possibly

On the Bandai Snowspeeder we add a separate glass part that fit in the canopi with no glue so no bad surprise :thumbsup

As soon as my Falcon arrived in the mail I will let you now immediately :cheers

I've ordered three Bandai kits from Japan since the LFL "embargo". Two arrived this week and I expect the Falcon will arrive without issue. At this point I won't hesitate to order the ISD when it's released.

I took some screenshots, too. It seems that the "old" damage of the upper hull is still there.

falcon1.jpgfalcon2.jpg

Just look at the scratch and the blast marks. Very weird that Han or Chewie did not have found some time in the last 30 years to fix that! ;)

Anyway, on a different note: Please keep in mind that this section can be read by ANYONE including non-members (please correct me if I am wrong). IMHO the more members post that they got a certain model despite the ban and nothing happened COULD increase the possibility of certain people to catch these messages and make sure that the supply is cut off once and for all. There is a thread here on Luke's binoculars (if I remember correctly) which depicts what might happen if the "right" people get to know what's going on. So IMHO it would be wise to keep those infos to oneself, just to be safe. As long as you get them, fine. But don't spread the news. Please don't feel offended, I am just a bit concerned. :)

I took some screenshots, too. It seems that the "old" damage of the upper hull is still there.

View attachment 546302View attachment 546303

Just look at the scratch and the blast marks. Very weird that Han or Chewie did not have found some time in the last 30 years to fix that! ;)

Anyway, on a different note: Please keep in mind that this section can be read by ANYONE including non-members (please correct me if I am wrong). IMHO the more members post that they got a certain model despite the ban and nothing happened COULD increase the possibility of certain people to catch these messages and make sure that the supply is cut off once and for all. There is a thread here on Luke's binoculars (if I remember correctly) which depicts what might happen if the "right" people get to know what's going on. So IMHO it would be wise to keep those infos to oneself, just to be safe. As long as you get them, fine. But don't spread the news. Please don't feel offended, I am just a bit concerned. :)

Judging from the "we're home" line in the trailer, I'd say that they haven't had the falcon since shortly after jedi

I don't know,to me it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. You spend all that effort to upgrade all of those systems (the outer piping ) and over 30 years you don't replace a few badly damaged sheilds?

I think so, too. Too bad we don't know for sure if the Falcon in the trailer is the one we are going to see in the movie. Just imagine, all builders grab their dremel and then JJ decides shortly before release, hey, let's edit those battle scars out of the final version, it's been 30 years for them to be fixed..! ;):rolleyes

I think so, too. Too bad we don't know for sure if the Falcon in the trailer is the one we are going to see in the movie. Just imagine, all builders grab their dremel and then JJ decides shortly before release, hey, let's edit those battle scars out of the final version, it's been 30 years for them to be fixed..! ;):rolleyes
I'm not worried at at about the battle scars, I would have liked to have seen it fixed , plenty of downed destroyers to steal armour from .
I am extremely worried about the falcon at least making it out of the TFA ( nearly said first film LOL , s*** I'm already dealing with this trilogy as seperate ) after all the Falcons , and more on the way .

Well they have changed one wee detail since the first teaser (spotted by SteveStarkiller),....a red panel that was never red before:

Red%20panel.jpg

615003_424500564268217_1575473247_o.jpg

...is now back to original colours:

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-20%20at%2011.01.28_zpsgcfnrmvm.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-20%20at%2011.02.03_zpschutehjd.png

So WIP

J

Last edited:
I think the battlescars are mementos from previous battles that Han wants to keep. They never bothered to straighten out the overhangs either - Han figured they add character.

I'm not up on too many rumors, so this isn't so much a spoiler as it is my speculation, but I think here's a possibility that the Falcon has been sitting as junk on Jakku for a number of years before Rey and Finn use it to escape the planet. I'm not sure Han and Chewie have been flying it for the past 30 years, which would explain why the ship looks basically the same except for the dish (also justifies Han's, "We're home," line in the trailer. Basically, it's been in mothballs. Had it been used on a couple decades of other adventures, I'd expect some new battle damage and some more of Han's modifications.

Like many Falcon lovers out there I was scanning every inch of the Bandai Falcon for new details and guests what Jaitea, they're using the same radar disk base as the Ralf McQuarrie version. Like the one you've build.

I'm liking the idea of adding the glass, now that it isn't a film-making issue anymore

Oh no,....definitely no rotating turret ha

...some more nice grabs:

J

Thanks for the screen grabs John. Very inspirational. I'm looking over at my 15 inch Falcon thinking.... repaint and new radar dish!

Like many Falcon lovers out there I was scanning every inch of the Bandai Falcon for new details and guests what Jaitea, they're using the same radar disk base as the Ralf McQuarrie version. Like the one you've build.
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums...e Uploads/IMG_20151030_124449_zpsz4om3tvh.jpg

I did notice that,....but didn't like to say,.....me being all humble and all that,.....but I don't know, theres something very familiar about that part......

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-01%20at%2017.42.37.png

Thanks for the screen grabs John. Very inspirational. I'm looking over at my 15 inch Falcon thinking.... repaint and new radar dish!

....nooooooo!.....dont do it....that one was spot on!!......do another one

J

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back