Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    Northern Ireland
    Oct 21, 2015, 5:29 PM - Re: The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects #76

I've asked it before,....but will you guys build with glass in or out?

J
    From
    Orlando
    Oct 21, 2015, 6:07 PM - Re: The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects #77

No glass for you... Ever!
    Oct 21, 2015, 6:39 PM - Re: The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects #78

Jaitea said: View Post
    I've asked it before,....but will you guys build with glass in or out?

J
    Gonna wait to see how it looks in the movie. I generally prefer glass out, but I may want to replicate the new look on this kit. I will not, however, build it with rotating turrets (even if that's an option). I've gotta have some standards.
    From
    Northern Ireland
    Oct 21, 2015, 7:01 PM - Re: The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects #79

I'm liking the idea of adding the glass, now that it isn't a film-making issue anymore

Oh no,....definitely no rotating turret ha

...some more nice grabs:

J
    Oct 21, 2015, 8:56 PM - Re: The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects #80

They really nailed the hull curvature. Proportionally, it matches the 5-footer and that makes me happy. Wonder what is up with the half open landing gear bays.

It'll be interesting to see how the belly cannon is fired. Does someone climb into the gunport? If so, how can they see behind the ship? Do they operate the cannon from the cockpit? Do they just shoot blind and hope to hit something?
    Oct 21, 2015, 9:39 PM - Re: The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects #81

I really hope they're able to fly the falcon fully manned in this movie.

The only reason I'm nervous about the glass in the 1/144 falcon is that when I did it on my first fine molds falcon, the glue really screwed it up. It totally fogged it up.

The other thing is that if I have to use masks for the glass, forget it. If the frame and glass are two parts, then possibly
    From
    Pacific NW
    Oct 22, 2015, 5:03 AM - Re: The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects #82

astroboy said: View Post
    There is only one possible response to this.

Ready?........

IT'S NOT JUST A MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "promise me you'll never watch it again."

-alec guiness- lol
    Oct 22, 2015, 5:10 AM - Re: The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects #83

On the Bandai Snowspeeder we add a separate glass part that fit in the canopi with no glue so no bad surprise

As soon as my Falcon arrived in the mail I will let you now immediately
    Oct 22, 2015, 7:48 AM - Re: The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects #84

Just go an email from the seller about my Bandai Falcon

Shipping will begin october 31 so we will be fixed soon
    Oct 25, 2015, 10:22 PM - Re: The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects #85

I've ordered three Bandai kits from Japan since the LFL "embargo". Two arrived this week and I expect the Falcon will arrive without issue. At this point I won't hesitate to order the ISD when it's released.
  11. Member Since
    Dec 2014
    From
    Vreden
    Oct 26, 2015, 1:24 PM - Re: The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects #86

I took some screenshots, too. It seems that the "old" damage of the upper hull is still there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	falcon1.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	546302Click image for larger version. 

Name:	falcon2.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	546303

Just look at the scratch and the blast marks. Very weird that Han or Chewie did not have found some time in the last 30 years to fix that!

Anyway, on a different note: Please keep in mind that this section can be read by ANYONE including non-members (please correct me if I am wrong). IMHO the more members post that they got a certain model despite the ban and nothing happened COULD increase the possibility of certain people to catch these messages and make sure that the supply is cut off once and for all. There is a thread here on Luke's binoculars (if I remember correctly) which depicts what might happen if the "right" people get to know what's going on. So IMHO it would be wise to keep those infos to oneself, just to be safe. As long as you get them, fine. But don't spread the news. Please don't feel offended, I am just a bit concerned.
    From
    Orlando
    Oct 26, 2015, 1:33 PM - Re: The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects #87

Again: The first rule of Bandai Buyers Club: Don't talk about Bandai Buyers Club!!!
    From
    Northern Ireland
    Oct 26, 2015, 1:45 PM - Re: The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects #88

edge10 said: View Post
    Again: The first rule of Bandai Buyers Club: Don't talk about Bandai Buyers Club!!!
    'Aren’t you afraid the Empire’s gonna find out about this little operation and shut you down?'

J
    Oct 26, 2015, 4:56 PM - Re: The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects #89

Galactican said: View Post
    I took some screenshots, too. It seems that the "old" damage of the upper hull is still there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	falcon1.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	546302Click image for larger version. 

Name:	falcon2.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	546303

Just look at the scratch and the blast marks. Very weird that Han or Chewie did not have found some time in the last 30 years to fix that!

Anyway, on a different note: Please keep in mind that this section can be read by ANYONE including non-members (please correct me if I am wrong). IMHO the more members post that they got a certain model despite the ban and nothing happened COULD increase the possibility of certain people to catch these messages and make sure that the supply is cut off once and for all. There is a thread here on Luke's binoculars (if I remember correctly) which depicts what might happen if the "right" people get to know what's going on. So IMHO it would be wise to keep those infos to oneself, just to be safe. As long as you get them, fine. But don't spread the news. Please don't feel offended, I am just a bit concerned.
    Judging from the "we're home" line in the trailer, I'd say that they haven't had the falcon since shortly after jedi
    From
    New York
    Oct 27, 2015, 3:46 AM - Re: The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects #90

I don't know,to me it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. You spend all that effort to upgrade all of those systems (the outer piping ) and over 30 years you don't replace a few badly damaged sheilds?
  16. Member Since
    Dec 2014
    From
    Vreden
    Oct 27, 2015, 5:34 AM - Re: The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects #91

I think so, too. Too bad we don't know for sure if the Falcon in the trailer is the one we are going to see in the movie. Just imagine, all builders grab their dremel and then JJ decides shortly before release, hey, let's edit those battle scars out of the final version, it's been 30 years for them to be fixed..!
    From
    Ireland
    Oct 27, 2015, 5:42 AM - Re: The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects #92

Galactican said: View Post
    I think so, too. Too bad we don't know for sure if the Falcon in the trailer is the one we are going to see in the movie. Just imagine, all builders grab their dremel and then JJ decides shortly before release, hey, let's edit those battle scars out of the final version, it's been 30 years for them to be fixed..!
    I'm not worried at at about the battle scars, I would have liked to have seen it fixed , plenty of downed destroyers to steal armour from .
    I am extremely worried about the falcon at least making it out of the TFA ( nearly said first film LOL , s*** I'm already dealing with this trilogy as seperate ) after all the Falcons , and more on the way .
    From
    Northern Ireland
    Oct 27, 2015, 7:00 AM - Re: The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects #93

Well they have changed one wee detail since the first teaser (spotted by SteveStarkiller),....a red panel that was never red before:

...is now back to original colours:

So WIP

J
    Last edited by Jaitea; Oct 27, 2015 at 7:18 AM.
  19. Member Since
    Jun 2010
    From
    Toronto
    Oct 27, 2015, 8:05 AM - Re: The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects #94

I think the battlescars are mementos from previous battles that Han wants to keep. They never bothered to straighten out the overhangs either - Han figured they add character.
    From
    Huntsville, AL
    Oct 27, 2015, 8:39 AM - Re: The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects #95

We're probably seeing a combo of test and final shots mixed in. The bottom line is The MF flies again!
    Oct 27, 2015, 11:24 AM - Re: The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects #96

I'm not up on too many rumors, so this isn't so much a spoiler as it is my speculation, but I think here's a possibility that the Falcon has been sitting as junk on Jakku for a number of years before Rey and Finn use it to escape the planet. I'm not sure Han and Chewie have been flying it for the past 30 years, which would explain why the ship looks basically the same except for the dish (also justifies Han's, "We're home," line in the trailer. Basically, it's been in mothballs. Had it been used on a couple decades of other adventures, I'd expect some new battle damage and some more of Han's modifications.
    From
    Ireland
    Oct 27, 2015, 12:23 PM - Re: The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects #97

Is this the falcon at all LOL there seems to be more grey panels. Oh we need to stop looking at this it's nearly here
    From
    Rotterdam
    Nov 1, 2015, 9:24 AM - Re: The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects #98

Like many Falcon lovers out there I was scanning every inch of the Bandai Falcon for new details and guests what Jaitea, they're using the same radar disk base as the Ralf McQuarrie version. Like the one you've build.
    Nov 1, 2015, 9:47 AM - Re: The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects #99

Jaitea said: View Post
    I'm liking the idea of adding the glass, now that it isn't a film-making issue anymore

Oh no,....definitely no rotating turret ha

...some more nice grabs:

J
    Thanks for the screen grabs John. Very inspirational. I'm looking over at my 15 inch Falcon thinking.... repaint and new radar dish!
    From
    Northern Ireland
    Nov 1, 2015, 12:50 PM - Re: The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects #100

sqbiedoo said: View Post
    Like many Falcon lovers out there I was scanning every inch of the Bandai Falcon for new details and guests what Jaitea, they're using the same radar disk base as the Ralf McQuarrie version. Like the one you've build.
    http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/...psz4om3tvh.jpg
    I did notice that,....but didn't like to say,.....me being all humble and all that,.....but I don't know, theres something very familiar about that part......

jake88 said: View Post
    Thanks for the screen grabs John. Very inspirational. I'm looking over at my 15 inch Falcon thinking.... repaint and new radar dish!
    ....nooooooo!.....dont do it....that one was spot on!!......do another one

J