The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects

lotta work to get done on this :) but some of the detailing is actually great for its size :)
12571375_10154498765718032_741567125_n.jpg

I just went over the Flixen/Smugmug file with the 166 photos of the 5-foot Falcon, and my Ban Dai 144th Falcon model, and I was astonished at just how close everything on the model is to the 5-footer. Of course, there are the added piping and mirrored detail on the sidewalls, and some in the pits and the Mandible details, but all-in-all I think Ban Dai did the best job so far on a Falcon model.

For those that have lost their file, or have never seen the reference ... https://flixen.smugmug.com/StudioScaleRev/5-Foot-Millenium-Falcon/n-3JMmv/i-ctNVsVg

I just went over the Flixen/Smugmug file with the 166 photos of the 5-foot Falcon, and my Ban Dai 144th Falcon model, and I was astonished at just how close everything on the model is to the 5-footer. Of course, there are the added piping and mirrored detail on the sidewalls, and some in the pits and the Mandible details, but all-in-all I think Ban Dai did the best job so far on a Falcon model.

For those that have lost their file, or have never seen the reference ... https://flixen.smugmug.com/StudioScaleRev/5-Foot-Millenium-Falcon/n-3JMmv/i-ctNVsVg
I found exactly the same , incredible focus on accuracy I really hope they work up the scale 1:72 , 1:48. .........we can dream

Has Ban Dai done a 1/72 model of anything? I don't know them that well. They seem to be into smaller kits with lots of pieces. If they did a 1/72 Falcon, I'm sure they would hit a huge home run with sales! I know I'd buy two!

Has Ban Dai done a 1/72 model of anything? I don't know them that well. They seem to be into smaller kits with lots of pieces. If they did a 1/72 Falcon, I'm sure they would hit a huge home run with sales! I know I'd buy two!

Yeah their TIES & X Wings (OT & TFA) were released in 72nd

J

Thanks, jaitea, for the info. I wasn't interested in those, so I didn't know. I'm sure a 1/72 Falcon would be a big project for them. Fingers crossed!

I like my 144th kit too! I am waiting for the PE Grilles from Strawberry to complete it.
I received my PE grilles from Strawberry and they are incredible! 4 different layers of PE on each grill with unique detail to specific vents.

I f you use a very fine tip and medium thick CA, you shouldn't have much trouble. From looking at the instructions, it looks like you should build-up the sandwich of parts before attaching to the model, so you can be assured to keep the model clean. I am contemplating using white glue to hold the finished Grilles on my model, in case I want to take them off later for any reason. I did that with the Cockpit front in case I decide to use the clear plastic piece at a later date.

Even though this kit is a "Snap-Together" style kit, it would behoove the builder to add a drop of liquid plastic cement to some of the smaller pieces to ensure that they don't go missing. I lost one of the triangular upright thingies that control the engine output opening (I don't know the official name of the part, but I'm sure there are hundreds of members here who do!). I think my Pug Dog ate it, alas ...

When I made them up they sat too tall on the heat vent tube.....I had to cutaway some of the plastic the PE sits on to let it have a lower profile,...still a bit of cleaning up to do

J
Did you see a need to include the bottom ring in the vent assembly? I was thinking if it serves no purpose it might help with the thickness to leave it off.

I thought of that when I looked at their website, but I decided they probably included them as stabilizers for the very flimsy grating pieces. I will be able to tell you more when they get here. I know I have had some real problems with microfine PE detail in the past, so I am going to be veerry careful with these!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back