The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects

Not sure if you're being serious or if I've offended you or something along the way???
I'm being quite serious.

I use a knife to adjust the edge line, but my teeth for any bending and mangling.

It's quite liberating...

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I'm being quite serious.

I use a knife to adjust the edge line, but my teeth for any bending and mangling.

It's quite liberating...

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Yeah I used my teeth too,...Although I did some more work with point nosed pliers afterwards

Using my teeth just gave me more control over pressure etc.....& as Astro said,....therapeutic & liberating

Heres the hull on my ANH version:

IMG_3634_zps145ge56a.jpg

IMG_3639_zps7zwbtc53.jpg

Thanks for the comments kokkari,....glad you bought the Bandai,....you did a beautiful job on your Hasbro,....this one will be also

J

Hey, kokarri -- I did the twisting as well -- I showed some pics in my thread (http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=251475&page=3&highlight=crackerjazz) - I didn't have to use any heating device, just had to: (1) thin down the edges until really thin, (2) mark were to twist (3) use long nose pliers (4) Keep in mind to do the bend very slowly - as slowly as you can like in slow-motion. The slower the better -- otherwise the plastic will heat up on its own and snap/crack.

eyTAWo6.jpg

0TeGPae.jpg

Thanks guys! I thought astroboy was totally messing with me there for a second. Thanks for sharing the pics too. That's exactly what I'm after.

Great work here j, a question I have is regarding what if any glue your using , I attempted to remove the gold plating with cyanoacrylate (discovered this by accident) for c3po spare arm, but the super glue got in and split it, anyway I'm wondering what your going to use ?

Great work here j, a question I have is regarding what if any glue your using , I attempted to remove the gold plating with cyanoacrylate (discovered this by accident) for c3po spare arm, but the super glue got in and split it, anyway I'm wondering what your going to use ?

I haven't had any problems with superglue on Bandai,...just the turps issue,....don't know,....scary!!

Well I have a couple of MPC Falcons,....I started mucking about with one in the summer,.....& gave up on it......maybe because of the lovely job Hunkajunk did with his FM 72,.....so I boxed it away,....until a few days ago,.....I had an idea,.... if the Falcon was a burger.....what if I just make the meat out of foamex,....make the sidewalls the right depth etc,...then used the MPC hull as the bun,....with cuts in it to make it curve????

IMG_3657_zpswdqnqxon.jpg

IMG_3656_zpsrlf4pxae.jpg

IMG_3655_zpsxwf3blti.jpg

IMG_3654_zpsioefdu7d.jpg

& roughly taped together:

IMG_3652_zpsw6ttlvuo.jpg

IMG_3651_zpsu9fqreqs.jpg

IMG_3650_zpsqonvpb3z.jpg

IMG_3649_zpsw9ecpmvy.jpg

Just mucking of course,.....but it miiighhht just work!!!??

John

Your reference to burgers makes my hungry :) I've been trying to avoid it but burgers and fries and all that sodium is just irresistible, isn't it? Anyway, very cool job with that burger! I was thinking, too, that maybe a vacuformed shell can be made and MPC tunnels and other parts be attached? I remember reading one of Monsieur Tox's posts once where he mentioned something like vacuforming quarter dishes and putting them together to make the whole hull. I'd go for a single whole hull anytime but Mr. Tox's idea just might work. But I'm interested in seeing how this turns out -- you're a genuine Falcon nutcase!

I haven't had any problems with superglue on Bandai,...just the turps issue,....don't know,....scary!!

Well I have a couple of MPC Falcons,....I started mucking about with one in the summer,.....& gave up on it......maybe because of the lovely job Hunkajunk did with his FM 72,.....so I boxed it away,....until a few days ago,.....I had an idea,.... if the Falcon was a burger.....what if I just make the meat out of foamex,....make the sidewalls the right depth etc,...then used the MPC hull as the bun,....with cuts in it to make it curve????

<<snipped content>>

Just mucking of course,.....but it miiighhht just work!!!??
John

Of course it will work! But instead of just cutting slits in the 'bun', you'd need to remove wedges to allow for the new curvature. Shouldn't take much of a 'wedge' to make it happen; could be determined by overlapping the cut slit edges and measuring the excess in the overlap.

Regards, Robert

The more I look at my unmodified MPC Falcon the more it looks like "sporty" flatter 1 off version of an existing vehicle. Jjaitea, have you looked at the wedge idea? Is it possible that such a modification is possible without destroying the model?

It looks fine to me

Some 5 footer panels on the FM 72 that I was Hunk-a-junking:

IMG_3696.jpg

IMG_3695.jpg

Thanks for looking

J

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back