The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects

Brilliant Stinson,....I would love OT sidewalls for the Bandai,....I've got another one on the way, I've ordered Tony's dish & base from Shapeways....

I'd like to put right the TFA Falcon with the correct portside details

John

Me too please. What a great idea Starkiller!
By the way John what's "OT" means?

Paint!!

IMG_3188_zpszavf3app.jpg

J

This is gonna be great, Jaitea -- this will surely be a masterpiece -- just like your ILM-like MPC 5-footer. Did you pre-shade everything with black first before spraying on the gray? And what base gray did you use, if you don't mind? Sorry for all the questions -- really admire your painting skills.

This is gonna be great, Jaitea -- this will surely be a masterpiece -- just like your ILM-like MPC 5-footer. Did you pre-shade everything with black first before spraying on the gray? And what base gray did you use, if you don't mind? Sorry for all the questions -- really admire your painting skills.

Thanks CJ.....I just primed the whole thing with my usual primer,...then my top coat,.....I used Vallejo Deck Tan & White 50/50

More paint.....

IMG_3190_zpsme0obw3k.jpg

IMG_3191_zpshz0soskz.jpg

IMG_3192_zpsik842hkh.jpg

IMG_3193_zps1exvhmri.jpg

IMG_3194_zpsopwfvbcn.jpg

IMG_3195_zpswbnpfy66.jpg

IMG_3196_zpsgbxshqek.jpg

Theres a couple of balls ups on the mandibles,....so they need re done

Daftly,.....The scars are carved out with a scalpel

J

You win the battle scars award!!!
Did you add styrene underneath for the layered look?

Can we see the other side? The ones on the starboard front section! I'm never satisfied with that one. Imho, it's way too big on the five foot model. I prefer the one on the 32"

Thanks very much VFH.....still a lot to do

You win the battle scars award!!!
Did you add styrene underneath for the layered look?

Can we see the other side? The ones on the starboard front section! I'm never satisfied with that one. Imho, it's way too big on the five foot model. I prefer the one on the 32"

Thanks astro.....no theres no styrene added,...just carving away on the existing model.....I'll take some better photos of the front scar & underside scar tonight

Heres an image from a couple of pages back:

IMG_3185_zps8pg4vf2y.jpg

Thanks Sqbiedo,.....its just mucking about

Thanks Unes,....as you know painting was my least favourite part of modelling,....I messed up so many models in the past,.....now I've learned patience,...& the order of layers

Still a lot to learn though

J

Thanks Pinousse

Well my 2nd Falcon & Resistance X-Wing arrived today from the slow boat

IMG_3198_zpsbww41g06.jpg

& my Shapeway parts have been posted,....so hopefully I'll be starting on an OT Bandai Falcon pretty soon

J

You too John? :lol

... I can't get no oooohhh satisfaction..... :D

Will do and "OT like" as seen on battlefront (5 footer shape but with all the landing gears / boxes that the 32 have as far as i know :rolleyes) right after the TFA one^^

Bandai kit and 3D parts for the win!

:cheers

You too John? :lol

... I can't get no oooohhh satisfaction..... :D

But I try,....& I try:wacko

But yeah,.....it has to be done,.....doesn't it......cant wait to see Tony's 3d parts on the Falcon

J

Will do and "OT like" as seen on battlefront (5 footer shape but with all the landing gears / boxes that the 32 have as far as i know :rolleyes) right after the TFA one^^

Bandai kit and 3D parts for the win!

:cheers

Yeah well the 5 footer had those extra landing gears from ESB onward,.....but Im thinking of a more streamline bird

J

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back