The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects

I'm putting money on it NOT being addressed. They'll just do it and leave it to fans to contrive an explanation -- the same way they did with the Enterprise's "brewery," the impossibly large shuttle bay, the torpedo cannon hatches mysteriously appearing on the side of the ship, etc. etc. etc. I bet Finn will climb into the gunport, there will be some CGI hocus pocus to make it look like the turret is swiveling, but us modelers will look at it and know that it couldn't actually work in a physical world.

I know you're right,....but I hope you're wrong

J

Has anyone mentioned the photo-etch? I'm gonna wait until they exist before I do that part. I'm gonna play the long game on this one

I have mailed Paragrafix asking if they have any plan of producing photo etch for the TFA Falcon but unfortunately they don't.

OK,..got primer back in stock,......mmmmm.....primer

IMG_3173_zpsocl9vif9.jpg

IMG_3174_zpshbgisppz.jpg

IMG_3175_zpsjgdk8ige.jpg

IMG_3176_zpsbrdmfjyn.jpg

IMG_3177_zpse5lbuajf.jpg

IMG_3178_zpscwhs5li3.jpg

IMG_3180_zpsg2o10mll.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

If the cannon yoke can pivot vertically then firing to the rear is not a problem. Also, if the rear bulkhead of the gun control room is eccentric to the access tube then the entire rear bulk head can rotate independently of the control room. Also, they are not visually targeting through the porthole they are using the targeting computer in front of their face.

I'm gonna be the rebel here and use the clear piece. Mask and paint.

Speaking of... it's a shame they didn't mold the arm for the stand in clear plastic.

So mine just showed up. That shape really is beautiful. Truly beautiful.

But here are my hits and misses about this kit:

hits
- the shape and size. of course
-the detail.
-the piping for this thing is awesome. Way better than fine molds
-I LOVE the fact that the rear detail around the engines are separate pieces. Those little red and gray markings at the back were such a pain to mask off on the FM version. Now they can be crisp.
-marking decals. Forget the panel decals! Holy hell....we have marking decals!

misses (some of this might be a criticism of the new design for the movie)
-this symmetry thing is really bugging me. Other than the forward top panels, the radar dish and the cockpit, the entire thing is symmetrical. I imagine that the new digital model is like that....which I don't like. That's just lazy.
-the cockpit looks too toy-like. Overall, I like the panel lines on this, but the ones on the cockpit are way too pronounced. I might fill them in and rescribe
-I loved the transmission pieces along the side of the mandibles on the old falcons. They were like armour shoulder pads. They don't really stand out anymore and because of this, the mandibles look a little weak IMHO.
-as great as the detailed gunwells are, I have them on my FM falcon and you just can't see them at all. We'll see on this version.

This all being said...I can't wait

On the whole, if I were to start this tomorrow, I wouldn't know where to start with paint. I'm definitely going to hold off until after the film is out and there are better images out there. We all know that what the manufacturer tells us to do is no the same thing as what's on the screen.

Or is it?

The other Bandai models I have were all based on studio scale models. This is an entirely different approach

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back