Game of Thrones: Jorah Mormont Leather Armor Build

I stumbled across this while googling armor builds and being a big fan of Jorah I want to say this is spot on! By any chance did you take any photos of the "shirt" making process? Ive been wanting to something similar for a fantasy armor build but for some reason I can't find anyone talking about materials or the stiffness of the skirt.

thanks in advance.

The shirt, I actually just got on ebay and did some minor alterations. The skirt, however, was the most annoying part because I don't have a lot of sewing experience and it's unclear how the thing actually ties up. I ended up using 4 rectangles that I lined and essentially sewed a length across the top and double wrapped it to secure. The fabric is from a curtain set I got at Target. It has a nice weight to it and it's doubled up. I hand drew on the pattern with fabric marker and a stencil I made.

I stumbled across this while googling armor builds and being a big fan of Jorah I want to say this is spot on! By any chance did you take any photos of the "shirt" making process? Ive been wanting to something similar for a fantasy armor build but for some reason I can't find anyone talking about materials or the stiffness of the skirt.

thanks in advance.

Had some time and inspiration to work on Jorah's "casual" belt. I've had this on the bench for months but finally finished it up.

029.jpg Jorah-Mormont-jorah-mormont-38576013-2995-4500.jpg

Here's what I came up with after finding the screen accurate buckle and belt tip. I started by making the belt from some veg-tan leather I had on stock and dyed and finished it up.

Photo Aug 31, 3 32 47 PM.jpg

I thought about doing the scale blocks with a brass sheet but it was to much trouble to cut and engrave them all. I ended up using some thin leather. Here's the sheet after embossing the details and painting with gold acrylic.

Photo Sep 09, 5 04 34 PM.jpg

I then cut to shape and riveted each piece to the belt with brass rivets. And the finished product!

Photo Sep 24, 5 00 11 PM.jpg Photo Sep 24, 5 16 17 PM.jpg

Made some big updates/additions to my Jorah gear recently. Here's what I did.

First, I rebuilt the sword scabbard since the original version used some vinyl and sticky glue and generally did not look/feel all that great.

IMG_2744.JPG

I've build scabbards from birch plywood. The top/bottom is 3mm (I believe) and the core is the thickness of the blade of the sword. I'll sand the blade down a bit to get a nice snug fit.

IMG_2745.JPG

Here's the glue-up. Next, I'll round over the edges with a router and sand everything down smoothly.

IMG_2747.JPG

The throat of the scabbard. I finished it with just black spray paint and spray lacquer. I've found I can get a really nice finish with that if I'm not doing a leather wrap.

IMG_2746.JPG

I sprayed the lacquer on over the feathers to adhere them to the scabbard.

IMG_2763.JPGIMG_2764.JPG

The chape is made from epoxy putty, painted with metallic paint then coated with black and scratched off in a few places to show wear and tear. I also made a dirk and scabbard using the same techniques. There's a separate thread on that somewhere around in my history too.

This scabbard is much more streamlined and just feels much better than the old one. Glad I remade it.

IMG_2741.JPGIMG_2742.JPGIMG_2743.JPG

I also made Jorah's "skirt" from season 1/2. This was my first time really making anything using the sewing machine so it was a bit of a challenge but it turned out alright in the end. I even tried to include the little black liner that sometimes sticks up over the skirt sometimes.

And here's everything for the season 1 getup at the Penn Renn Fest which includes:

New:
sword scabbard
dirk and scabbard
arm wraps
wrist guard
skirt
bandana so I don't get skin cancer - maybe I'll have to invest in a blonde wig I con's happen.

IMG_2748.JPGIMG_2755.JPGIMG_2750.JPGIMG_2753.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2748.JPG
    IMG_2748.JPG
    687.4 KB · Views: 166
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back