Borderlands (feature film)

I'm cautiously optimistic, I think video game adaptations could make the jump that comic movies have and be moneymakers while also being not terrible, but obviously the past is bumpy for them. I do wonder how they will translate the highly stylized world though. If they try to make it look cell shaded I'm worried it'll be a CG fest or end up looking like some kind of kids show (shows like LazyTown come to mind). Obviously I know they aren't going to make it terrible if they can help it, there's just certain aspects I would hate to see lost in translation.

I've played Borderlands 2 all the way to the end, played all the DLC and all I can say is... the premise doesn't justify the length. There is only one joke in that one game that is done constantly over and over and it goes something like this.

Person 1: Things are looking good!
Person 2: That's great to hear.
Person 1: Actually, things are not looking good at all.

And Claptrap. No amount of ESB C-3POs could equal how much I loathed him. I was so glad he didn't tag along most of the time.

Also, I think Randy Pitchford would be a greater threat to this movie than Uwe Boll.

Maybe they can seal Ashly Burch in some kind of large soundproofed crate to give this project a fighting chance?

It might work.

I hope they use BL1 as their source material, and not BL2.
You do realize the girl with the bunny ears in the poster is Tiny Tina from the second game and as sporting bunny ears seen in the third game, right?

Last edited:
Hmmm. I am not enthused.

I think maybe it's somehow toooo many famous folks crammed into roles that they aren't actually GOOD for, just CLOSE to.

I really really appreciate the costumes and sets. From a look standpoint, they seem to be giving it it's all.

I suspect I won't dig it though. I'd actually be more excited with less absurdly famous actors.

Last edited:
Kevin Hurt would not definitely not have been by first choice to play Roland, but, at the same time I'm glad they didn't go with The Rock.

Terry Crews would have been a much better fit, but, like Strikerkc I almost would have preferred an unknown.

They could tell a good borderlands inspired story with Hart as Roland, 100%. I'm just soo distracted by all the absolutely cartoonishly famous actors and actresses that I'm concerned this won't be it.

I guess I'm not even really feeling like I think it'll be a bad movie... I'm just hesitant to expect it to be as enjoyable to me as the games. I've been a Borderlands ride-or-die since it was announced when I was in high-school a billion years ago. I'm very attached to most of these characters, and my first instinct is fear and hatred :p

They could tell a good borderlands inspired story with Hart as Roland, 100%. I'm just soo distracted by all the absolutely cartoonishly famous actors and actresses that I'm concerned this won't be it.

I guess I'm not even really feeling like I think it'll be a bad movie... I'm just hesitant to expect it to be as enjoyable to me as the games. I've been a Borderlands ride-or-die since it was announced when I was in high-school a billion years ago. I'm very attached to most of these characters, and my first instinct is fear and hatred :p

I played the heck out of B2 back in the day.

Not sure how they are going to fit the sprawling Borderlands' story into a 2 hour flick; they are going to have to trim a LOT and really pair down the characters.

...and Tiny Tina is flat out crazy/insane in the games. Seems just like a bratty teenager here.

I have liked Ariana Greenblatt since I had to watch Stuck in the Middle with my niece when she was little. She was a good actress even as a kid. I think she will nail Tiny Tina.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back