Deadpool Costume Build Halloween 2015

I'm almost 100% sure it's PVC leather, guys. Or possibly real leather. The way it wrinkles, hangs and reflects light all make me pretty damn sure. Even the sleeves.

Look at these...
why-the-2016-deadpool-movie-is-determined-to-succeed-reynold-s-on-the-set-of-deadpool-20-434576.jpg
In his armpit, you can see where the material has worn and started to tear. It's a familiar sight to anyone that's had a PVC coat.

maxresdefault.jpg
The thick seams and heavy stitching just sings leather/PVC to me. Also the shine coming off of it doesn't look like any plain fabric I've ever seen.

Just my opinion, but I am pretty damn convinced.

I agree with barbquebutt and I noticed the worn areas around the the black material as well

Having a leather suit would be impressive but honestly I think that would be hell to wear for any extended amount of time.
I have spent weeks researching these fabrics and I feel like I have found something that works for me (an near OCD perfectionist)
I personally have decided on leather printed texture lycra for the base black material with a textured polyester knit for the red material.

I am torn it is either real leather or a leather texture 3d printed onto a stretchier fabric. It is a low budget movie so I'm more inclined to believe the fabric is all store bought and not custom made. Wearing a full leather suit I'm used too as dredd and that's all motorcycle gear with armour I think the mask will be the only uncomfortable part however I intend to add a cooling system within the faceshell still working on this idea though have several costumwe to put together over the coming months. I think we all should go with what ever we find a feel is accurate :)

Hi! I've been following all of the DP movie builds that are going on (its an amazing suit, but I'm actually wanting to use the suit as an inspiration for different suit lol) PVC was mentioned as a possible fabric, the attached photo is one of my PVC jackets peeling under the arm area. Underneath is a wide weaved mesh, sort of 2-way stretchy, and very breathable. One version of the suit may have used it, after feeling and wearing the fabric personally, it might work in some parts of the suit. It may just be the stunt suits, to look good and have funtionality/moveability, but it tears away and wouldn't be a hero suit. Just tossing in my .02!
IMG_20150918_211132.jpg

Suits coming along well, I'm keeping at eye on this, if you need any help with accessories let me know, I have a pretty good list I pass on to clients.

2 questions. Is this an actual dark red?? and is this 4 way stretch? that first pic posted of the mesh fabric i mean

Last edited:
The whole fabric type is wayyy over my head but... @el_fett has made is own fabric that is textured but looks solid from far away and in the light can look shiny. So if you can check his Instagram out. I would try to find out the fabric and make the suit yourself because the suit is 2500$. I also have no idea how to sew and don't want to buy a sewing machine lol.

Well, here is my attempt at the Deadpool movie costume for Halloween, so I have about two months to complete. I will update this thread as I make progress. I appreciate all the other work that has been documented on this site that has helped me build my skills. My hope is to maybe help someone else.

Here is the costume I made for Denver Comicon this year. This costume was the first thing I've measured, cut and sewed on my own without a pattern. It was a great learning experience and really made me appreciate people who make everyday clothing let alone awesome cosplay costumes. This one was "easy" in the sense that it was mostly spandex so exact measurements were not as crucial as I had the stretch of the material to compensate for incorrectly measured/cut pieces. All the black was spandex, the red was cordura.

http://i.imgur.com/qVI5EvU.jpg

The costume did well. No popped seams even with me puttingthe stretch of the two way material up and down on the pants instead of side to side like I should have. The only issue was the zipper on my hood got stuck and I had to pull/yank/tug the hood off of my head. A person who watched me do this said it was one of the most painful things she’s seen in a while. All of my hoods now are zipperless…..
After looking at every costume thread SMPDesigns has done, I knew I wanted to make this costume in the same look/style that he makes his. If you are contemplating a costume, go look at all his build threads, there is a wealth of knowledge that he shares. All his costumes look like they could actually be used to fight crime and that’s what I like. Like SMP’s costumes, this Deadpool will be made with cordura, super spandex and the Kaufman Bisou Stretch Pique Red that is thought to be used on the movie costume.
http://i.imgur.com/p0eftje.jpg

So, let’s get it going…..

I wanted to start with the top because I feel like that has the most stuff to do. I like getting the hard stuff out of the way. I plan on having 6 – 8 “panels” on my top, some will be spandex and some will be cordura.I have an idea of which ones I want to be what, but I’m not committing until I get to the main material part. The top will be front zip (like I think themovie has as well), have the sword holder attached to it and possibly attach to the pants (still not sure on that).
Here is the beginning, building the sloper.

http://i.imgur.com/VeWbxrI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UE8lUbJ.jpg

I made the back split for ease of assembly and if I needed to make some adjustments. I will probably have a solid back. So as you can see,I have 4 panels in the front (Side left, front left, front right, side right)and in the back (Side left, back left, back right, side right) I basically pinned material to my manaquinn trying to visualize where I wanted the seams and using SMP’s sloper pics to help me along.

Hi can you help me for the suite pattern so i can make one ?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back