Polar lights 1/350 NCC 1701 Advise about upgrades pls

firefox1

Hi
after many many years of building resin kits, tanks planes etc, I have decided to drop all that and come over to the dark side, however my knowledge is very limited when it comes to upgrading these stunning and large models. My first adventure is to build Polar lights 1/350 NCC 1701 Enterprise, I was looking to install the TOS deluxe pack ( the one with the lighting kit) but is there better, and what else is out there i would like to make them the best iI can, but i don't know what to add every time i think I've found parts I spot the A at the end of the 1701

all help and advise is really needed
cheers
Dave

HMMMmmmm,...

Are you discussing the TOS (The original Show) version?

Having built 2 of these. One as issued, no lights, or paint, used supplied decals, depicting the version MOST often seen on the show.

The second build version using all the upgrades from Polar Lights along with paint, weathering lights etc, composite version of all the best features (in MY opinion) from the pilot, 2nd pilot and show.

I would advise going with all polar lights electronics as they are DESIGNED for the model to start with. Follow the direction and test fit every thing.

The only issues I had when building both models were with the interior landing bay doors BOTH models needed to be modified. Don't know if these was fixed on the second production run of the model. Mine were purchesed at the initial release.

Hope this helps

best regards

Here is my sell sheet for the 1rst version build. I sold it on ebay a while ago. This is out of the box no mods, no paint, as issued decals etc.

NC1701ENTERPRISE_Hero.jpg

Last edited:
"no paint?? urrrghh"

:)When i do a build of a new model it is allways a "stock " build, manufacture recommended decals, no mods. I look for fit and finish issues. The polar lights designer went out of his way to insure the plastic was a match to the actual TV prop color, part for part. And I wanted to see how close it was. in my opinion he was spot on.

The above sell sheet was that build completed. Thats no paint, all the supplied decals, no electronics.

Don't buy anything with the "A" at the end. That'll be the movie version. Google it, you'll find one or two "minor" differences......

HMMMmmmm,...

Having built 2 of these. One as issued, no lights, or paint, used supplied decals, depicting the version MOST often seen on the show.

The second build version using all the upgrades from Polar Lights along with paint, weathering lights etc, composite version of all the best features (in MY opinion) from the pilot, 2nd pilot and show.

I would advise going with all polar lights electronics as they are DESIGNED for the model to start with. Follow the direction and test fit every thing.

The only issues I had when building both models were with the interior landing bay doors BOTH models needed to be modified. Don't know if these was fixed on the second production run of the model. Mine were purchesed at the initial release.

Hope this helps

best regards

Here is my sell sheet for the 1rst version build. I sold it on ebay a while ago. This is out of the box no mods, no paint, as issued decals etc.

View attachment 521119
I hope you’re still around! lol! I have the Polar Lights 1/350 model I’m building as the production version, and just bought the resin bridge update. I think I may have screwed up- will it fit, or can it be made to fit? Ty!!!! John

I hope you’re still around! lol! I have the Polar Lights 1/350 model I’m building as the production version, and just bought the resin bridge update. I think I may have screwed up- will it fit, or can it be made to fit? Ty!!!! John
hmmmmm,.... didn't know there was a resin bridge up grade for the TOS Polar light 350 got any pics of it? I'm trying to motivate to build their first run TOS Polar light 350. I bought 3 of them back in the day. This was going to be the lighted version. All the upgrade & light kit are up in MI and I'm in FL. So if I do build it, it will be what ever version is in the box. Probably won't paint it either.

best regards,
e

hmmmmm,.... didn't know there was a resin bridge up grade for the TOS Polar light 350 got any pics of it? I'm trying to motivate to build their first run TOS Polar light 350. I bought 3 of them back in the day. This was going to be the lighted version. All the upgrade & light kit are up in MI and I'm in FL. So if I do build it, it will be what ever version is in the box. Probably won't paint it either.

best regards,
e
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I’m attaching two pic’s– HDA Modeling sells these. One has 8 pieces and I believe is for the TOS model1/350, and the other I think is for the Wrsth of Kahn version, but I don’t believe that that version is 1/350… (?) ‍♂️

I bought the pilot version, and the saucer is really different than some of the others I’ve seen. I just hope these parts fit it.
HMMMmmmm,...

Hope this helps

best regards

View attachment 521119

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I’m attaching two pic’s– HDA Modeling sells these. One has 8 pieces and I believe is for the TOS model1/350, and the other I think is for the Wrsth of Kahn version, but I don’t believe that that version is 1/350… (?) ‍♂️

I bought the pilot version, and the saucer is really different than some of the others I’ve seen. I just hope these parts fit it.

Attachments

• IMG_3262.jpeg
    IMG_3262.jpeg
    498.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3261.jpeg
    IMG_3261.jpeg
    522.6 KB · Views: 29

I’m not sure how the heck that symbol got into my last message- I don’t even have it on my keyboard. Sorry!

Those bridge sets are both for the refit movie Enterprise. HDA does sell a bridge upgrade for the 1/350 TOS Enterprise, but it's interior only since the exterior bridge part is much simpler and reasonably accurate.

I’ve compared the size for bridge set up and it’s pretty close. Do you think it’s workable at all with the help of a tad of putty and resin! Thanks! —Doc

I’ve compared the size for bridge set up and it’s pretty close. Do you think it’s workable at all with the help of a tad of putty and resin! Thanks! —Doc
I'm sure it's workable, but it's the wrong style for the TOS E. You could always go your own way and make it a partial refit. Or if you plan on doing a 1/350 Refit down the line, just save it for that build and get the TOS one.

That’s a good idea! Ty. Hopefully it’ll get here soon from MDA Modeling in Texas. They’re sending it USPS, and referred me to check on the shipping by logging in to their site; no info yet and it’s been a few days- I thought they’d at least send me a tracking number. ‍♂️

I'm sure it's workable, but it's the wrong style for the TOS E. You could always go your own way and make it a partial refit. Or if you plan on doing a 1/350 Refit down the line, just save it for that build and get the TOS one.
I
That’s a good idea! Ty. Hopefully it’ll get here soon from MDA Modeling in Texas. They’re sending it USPS, and referred me to check on the shipping by logging in to their site; no info yet and it’s been a few days- I thought they’d at least send me a tracking number. ‍♂️

Btw- I’ve looked for a NCC-1701-A model but none seen on Amazon. Any ideas?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back