Free CHAPPiE Head Replica 1:1 props

Razmataz

Hello,
I open this topic to share the files of my Chappie Head Replica, 1:1 scaled props. All the .STL files linked are succesfully printed with basic Pusa i3 3D printer, with 0,2mm layer and 30% infill.
I use pictures of prototypes and Weta auction's, and measures kindly taken by Caxack on his original props acquired from VIP Auction, and I'm try to design a model as the most accurate and most detailed possible, and printable.

All the .STL files can be download here:

Chappiehead

Some renders of the STL files with Blender:

Chappie-3-4-2.jpg

Chappie-profil.jpg

Chappie-Open-1.jpg

Heres some pics of the finished head work and the CAD soft screenshot:

View attachment 547192View attachment 547193

View attachment 621503View attachment 621504View attachment 621505

ChappieHead-Razmataz1.png ChappieHead-Razmataz3.png ChappieHead-Razmataz4.png

Tetravaal-plate-revD.pngIMG_2043.JPG Chappie-ears-LR.pngChappie-Rotule-pic.pngCapture-Camera-Pod1.PNG

LCD Screen and Speaker:

Chappie-GrilleSpeaker+Eyes.png

Bumpers and Headbox:

Bumpers-Solo.png View attachment 539898 View attachment 539902

Here's my Chappie head STL files printed by Eddie Zarrick in an awesome annimatronic project:

ChappieHead-Razmataz1.png

ChappieHead-Razmataz3.png

ChappieHead-Razmataz4.png

Tetravaal-plate-revD.png

IMG_2043.JPG

Chappie-Rotule-pic.png

Chappie-ears-LR.png

Capture-Camera-Pod1.PNG

Chappie-GrilleSpeaker+Eyes.png

Bumpers-Solo.png

Chappie-3-4-2.jpg

Chappie-profil.jpg

Chappie-Open-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank's!!!
Caxack, can you take the yellow mesurements on your prop? It try now to understand how is maintained the camera pod under the Headbox. Maybe the Pod is closed the small lug and only screwed to the bumper's 3mm hole? (In red on the pic)
Cote2.png Cote1.png

Hi hopefully these will helpImageUploadedByTapatalk1439618651.651293.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1439618779.429508.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1439618831.771664.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1439618889.532930.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1439618923.216269.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1439618954.198443.jpg

I thing the camera pod would anchor to the two back points, and may slip under the front lip. The hole on the side is fort the lower mouth bar and head tubes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank's for this valuable pics!!!! I'm pretty closed from the original props (1mm) I will empty the inside the front lip to fit the Camera Pod :) And just after that start the camera pod itself.

Thanks so much for offering these on thingiverse Razmataz
I started modelling the ears and the side of the head but thats how far I got before other projects took over, the usual.

Looking forward to printing these out :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks :) I've started this build because I was very disappointed to not find any free replica, or something easy to print without dismembering point by point a Mesh under Blender.
But it's clearly a big work. Hopefully, we have the pics of the eBay sales from VIP auctions and the mesurements from Caxack on the original Weta props.

I've added today the anchor point for the camera pod, and entirely rebuild the head box, it's better now. Now I will start the Camera Pod (That give me a small break before finishing the back of the head box).
Backpoint-Pod.png HeadC4.png HeadC4box.png

The Camera Pod is now readdy. I've included the splitted Mesh if you want to print without material support. I've not tested yet the print because I'm out of stock about Blue ABS.
@ Caxack: I've addded a thin 2mm support plate to fit the Cam into the Headbox, you will be able to fix it easily into your prop, if not, I've added the full Cam Pod without this plate.
Enjoy ;)

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:979058
Capture-Camera-Pod1.PNG Cam-pod1-Capture.PNG Cam-pod2-Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Trial fit. :). Looks awesome

I had the two part model printed by mistake however it fits well only 2mm gap either side at the front. Will now have the model with all the front detail printed, a bit of sanding and paint.

Thanks for the great model.

Once the moulding stuff actually arrives I think I will try and cast one of these as well.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440490519.730059.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1440490552.962946.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1440490566.318599.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1440490579.459137.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank's!!! I hope finding time to print my own, because I just received an original stickers set prop's :)

IMG_2212.jpg

About that: Someone know why some props (ear side plate from head, stickers etc..) are labelled "Denel" and not "Tetravaal"?

About that: Someone know why some props (ear side plate from head, stickers etc..) are labelled "Denel" and not "Tetravaal"?

Denel is a real defence company in South Africa, possibly a nod to them in the film?

Where did you get the sticker pack mate?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back