Free CHAPPiE Head Replica 1:1 props

Thank's!!! Look this pics on the Denel's FB:
https://www.facebook.com/denelsoc/posts/1590176824605159

The Chappie props is missing some parts (speaker)

11295659_1590176611271847_4662314800573174099_n.jpg

I got the Denel's stickers from the Movie Prop warehouse in UK:
http://www.moviepropwarehouse.com

I believe they actually filmed AT Denel (interiors and exteriors), but I don't think any Denel logos are seen on screen in the final film.

Hello,
the full head is ready and a French Props Team ask me to produced a resin kit based on my files!!! :$

The Chappie head files will be always free, but for now I've removed the files from Thingiverse because I found my high detailled pieces in others Chappie heads without any credits, so I'm searching another kind of hosting for the files. (Maybe Pinshape or My mini factory)

Here's the full work:
Chappie-full-eclate.pngChappie-Full.png

Next step will be a neck, as a basis for the head and the Antenna.

Hello,
the full head is ready and a French Props Team ask me to produced a resin kit based on my files!!! :$

The Chappie head files will be always free, but for now I've removed the files from Thingiverse because I found my high detailled pieces in others Chappie heads without any credits, so I'm searching another kind of hosting for the files. (Maybe Pinshape or My mini factory)

Here's the full work:
View attachment 547192View attachment 547193

Next step will be a neck, as a basis for the head and the Antenna.

Sorry to hear that people are not giving you the credit you deserve.
This build is on my backlog, the moment i got a 3D printer i want to try and make this head :)
So yes, your effort is really appreciated :)

Hello,

That is definitely not on! You have put in so much work and were so kind enough to put the files up for anyone to use! That makes me angry! Don't worry when I eventually get around to making mine, your name will be on the mount and any picture I show off will definitely give you full credit mate...

Sorry to hear that people are not giving you the credit you deserve.
This build is on my backlog, the moment i got a 3D printer i want to try and make this head :)
So yes, your effort is really appreciated :)

I'm with you dhunpael...just need to get that printer! haha (one that can print the size of the Chappie head)

Hello,
sorry, I took a big break with the Chappie Head. Many of you write me recently about the files released and they asked if I was still alive, so thank's everyone!!!!

The project is achieved, and the STL files ready but I will not released all the files, because I don't want see my 200 hours work on sale on Etsy without credits. But I can released 95% of the files free and host the Big headbox on Shapeway. A printed headbox on Shapeway will cost 350$ (Without any margin from me) but if I split the headbox in 3 pieces that can probably drop down.
Anyone is interrested?

I achieved the headback in January, so it's highly detaileld, including monitor on the head back and screwed CPU (So you will be able to open it to steal the Key like in the movie) and Smooth antenna (not on this screenshot).

Chappie-END-av.png

Chappie-End-ar.png

And a Shapeway preview:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/LG3HVBQW3/?key=e97db14435a011ae073e299727d75479

Dude, you are the best! I'm sorry that they don't give you the credit.
Did you find a place to host your files? I really want to get chappie's head printed.

Yes, I will finally host the files on my own server.
I will released the STL files within two weeks, just the time to check if each files are Shapeways specs compliants.

This looks awesome, I would also like to print him if you release the STL files. So it's no longer totally free? 95% will be available and you have to pay for the head box file?

Last edited:
Hello,
the Shapeway cost for 1 piece headbox was overkilled, so finally I'ved split the headbox in 6 parts and printed separatly and it's works. It's easy to print, easy to assembly. (My printer is only a Prusa i3 with a 10$ chinese hotend).
So I just need to clean some pieces (Edges) and the files will be published. Sorry, I'm not very fast ;)
Here's some pics of the Headbox.
IMG_3045.JPGIMG_3046.JPGIMG_3047.JPG

Look really good :D
I had my Chappie main frame printed in the exact same manner actually (except for the back "wings" that I had to glue together with the rest because a small oversight)!
13179232_222262671488083_8868903517139845770_n.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back