A Walmart broke the sales Embargo on a Kylo Ren

^^ I kind of wish I hadn't seen Luke, but I'm excited by that outfit. Looks to me like under the robes he's got a pure white version of his RotJ outfit, which would be freaking amazing! You can sort of see it there in the collar and the chest panel.

Is that a Bespin Luke??

Why is there a vader and a fett figure?

It's just a regular Bespin Luke. If you look at the figure it has no TFA title on it.

From what I have gathered from the recent few months of Hasbro Q&A. I think they intend to offer figures from various era under one line. Like SVS noted, although the card artwork is the same, there is no TFA. Hasbro has said that upcoming offerings will not be restricted to TFA and Hasbro has been very hush hush regarding non TFA figures even though they say they are coming.

I might pick up a few figures of characters a I like, like BB-8 and Poe. But I do not intend to invest too much in these 5 POA figures. I like the 6" line but at $20 a pop they have to be a character I like, correct scale, and quality paint app. Lucky for me, not many of Hasbro recent 6" offerings meet all three parameters.

I saw some the packages containing non TFA characters.
There is no "TFA" on the packages. No "The Force Awakens" on the Luke package.

As can be seen here:

20150813_figurenleak1_bg.jpg 20150813_figurenleak2_bg.jpg 20150813_figurenleak3_bg.jpg

20150813_figurenleak4_bg.jpg 20150813_figurenleak5_bg.jpg 20150813_figurenleak6_bg.jpg

20150813_figurenleak7_bg.jpg 20150813_figurenleak8_bg.jpg

I'm the only one to be surprise by the little number of articulations on this figure????

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm the only one to be surprise by the little number of articulations on this figure????

No, you're certainly not. I was about to point that out before I saw your post. I'm actually very disappointed by Hasbro's lack of articulation and detail/soft goods they've been puking out. I'm disappointed because I know they're capable of wonderful detail and articulation, either they're going super cheap on us, or trying go for some retro style bs.
I'll probably pick up some of the new figures and try to customize them for better articulation.

I remember when I worked at Target during Episode 2. Myself and a couple other employees opened up the shipments and got the early sight of the new figures before placing them on the shelves.

No, you're certainly not. I was about to point that out before I saw your post. I'm actually very disappointed by Hasbro's lack of articulation and detail/soft goods they've been puking out. I'm disappointed because I know they're capable of wonderful detail and articulation, either they're going super cheap on us, or trying go for some retro style bs.
I think some combination. They did the same thing with the last line -- the one with the mix of Saga and Rebels. Back to five-point, for the most part, with the joints where and how they were for the Kenner figs. Particularly frustrating for me. Despite saying they never would, they finally gave us a movie-style (i.e., not animated style) Clone Wars Phase I Commander Gree... and it's got those Kenner-style hip joints destroying the lines of the character, not to mention not matching all the other Clonetroopers I have, with their multipoint articulation.

For all the ones they got wrong (mostly the repaints and exclusives that were altered as little as possible to make a new character: Tobbi Dala and Fenn Shysa, ARC Trooper Alpha, Imperial 181st pilot, et cetera, et cetera), I was equally amazed and thrilled by the ones they got right (their ANH Vader -- with the robe over the chest armor and the Obi-Wan's-cape-and-lightsaber stand -- and the 300th figure Boba Fett, among others) just blow me away. So that, especially, is why I can't figure out the current trend. We know they're not only capable, but willing to go the extra mile to deliver magnificent results for a children's toy. And they're still doing it over in their Transformers line -- the "Generations", War For/Fall Of Cybertron, and Combiner Wars figures -- to say nothing of the Masterpiece series -- are the Transformers, articulated and bearing their animated likenesses, that I wish I'd had thirty years ago. So what the hell, Hasbro? Disney directive?

--Jonah

lmao

this is a SUBURB issue ( you go to the inner city ( like dallas or detroit) and you can get the same thing a week early in a mom an pop store )

I think they'll let the people buy all these figures and a few months later maybe just before christmas there'll be new figures with more joints for articulation.

I'll probably pick up some of the new figures and try to customize them for better articulation.

I think they'll let the people buy all these figures and a few months later maybe just before christmas there'll be new figures with more joints for articulation.

The 3.75" black series will have better articulation, relax everyone.

The problem is that with all the Q&A this past year, there is no evidence that they intend to produce any more 3.75" figures for the Black Series Line. Hasbro has expanded the Black series line to various other products such as the new Risk game and planned new FX Lightsabers. Black Series is the line that is going to represent high detail. However as I stated, there has been no evidence that they will produce any 3.75" figures with high POA.

The popular theory on the Star Wars Toy related websites is that this is and attempt to get adult fans to buy the 6" figures instead.

I am very surprised the line does not have a BB-8 in the 5POA line. Maybe they plan to include it in a set since it is small. Or maybe they plan to release him in the second wave after the movie is released.

i saw the prototype of the 6" version, so I know that one is coming out.

Just curious, assuming the head pivots, wouldn't it be 6 points of articulation if you can swivel the torso at or near the waist line? These new action figures appear to be able to do that.

I wouldn't be surprised if at some pointwe get to see some articulated black series ep 7 figures at some point. Or another line perhaps.
Ha, here I am complaining about horrid articulation and detail, but I know I'm going to be collecting a lot of these. As I said though, I'm going to do some custom work on them to improve detail and articulation.
I think its true that it's a combination of the retro style and going cheap. About the time they first started giving us these figures with less details and joints there was a big retro trend going on, (at least in my part of Texas there was), people buying turntables and records, old game systems, and a bunch of vintage style figures from different franchises. I loooove vintage stuff, but NOT my star wars figures.
Hopefully they'll dish out something better soon.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back