3D printed Kylo Ren Lightsaber from ETSY

VeryExciting

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Howdy,

I bought this Kylo Ren off Etsy, through these people who seem to have closed up shop https://www.etsy.com/shop/6123D

I got this painted one and an unfinished one "Without the red wire", but the unfinished one has not come yet.

IMG_3642.JPGIMG_3641.JPGIMG_3640.JPGIMG_3643.JPGIMG_3644.JPGIMG_3645.JPG

Ya, I like it, not a huge fan of the Paint Job, I should have only gotten it unfinished.

here are some horrible photos attempting to show size.

IMG_3646.JPGIMG_3647.JPGIMG_3649.JPG

This thing is too small though, right? feels small could just be this guy's print, or I could be totally wrong, but this doesn't feel right.

This thing is too small though, right? feels small could just be this guy's print, or I could be totally wrong, but this doesn't feel right.

I've noticed the same thing on every Kylo Ren saber Ive seen designed here...and the problem is us: you and me. We are expecting bigger for some reason based on the trailer, but even that one at SWCA was right on with these dimensions I think. I was expecting it to dwarve most known film sabers and it doesn't. I think the cross guard aspect caused us to overestimate the size of it.

I've noticed the same thing on every Kylo Ren saber Ive seen designed here...and the problem is us: you and me. We are expecting bigger for some reason based on the trailer, but even that one at SWCA was right on with these dimensions I think. I was expecting it to dwarve most known film sabers and it doesn't. I think the cross guard aspect caused us to overestimate the size of it.

You know, I think you are right, but it makes me want to build a big ass broadsword version, but let's be honest, that's very unlikely.

I keep thinking of what it was like for Kylo Ren to build this saber, if the reports we are hearing are true. Collecting artifacts for years, obsessed with the Sith, If this is, as it appears, at least 3 lightsabers put together, what was that like, to Learn how to build this thing that has passed into myth and legend.

That's what would be a blast to recreate, tear down to parts of the original, from the inside out.

Here is the unfinished version, just received. I like it a lot. This will be a lot of fun.

IMG_3678.JPGIMG_3679.JPGIMG_3680.JPGIMG_3681.JPG

I also bought some PVC Pipe this weekend and I think I might Build my own from scratch, because, you know, I have SO much free time.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back