3-foot Rodger Young?

It's curious. Of the 60 images of my photo session, on Facebook and Statueforum, only 2 images we can see where the true quality of the kit is not appreciated. Well, that same piece in the form of "Donut" it lacks the lower half. Today I have made a new picture in more detail, and is one of the pieces I've claimed...
... Plus some bubbles and diffuse details, but hey! Paul sees it great!!
Chronicle - Rodger Young kit (62).JPGChronicle - Rodger Young kit (28).JPG12525535_1681774188749086_7597203893871905754_o.jpg

And people who had a reservation wondering whether receive your kit, and according to Paul, yes, and in excellent condition and quality, good, perfect, and we have received this monstrosity of $ 650?

Last edited:
If you deliver a product under your name and company and charge for it, you take all the responsability like an adult. Instead of assuming an international conspiration and people agenda's you step up and correct what you did bad and make it good. That's what a serious company does. Don't start with "Iv'e seen kits from serious companies far worse than this".. cause I have seen them better too, and top quality should always be the aim or "looks like some people have axes to grind". what some people have is limited resources, they spend a big dough on your stuff and they expect the better quality possible, I've seen the pictures and this is not the case. Is a bad and warped casting. I've been buying resin kits for 25 years now, I've even produced a kit and I know what's a good product, even with the limitations of being a recast of a cast, and what is not.

My understanding was the the kits/statue buildups were initially going to be cast by an outside group, Collapse Industries, who does mostly monster busts etc but has a very good rep for casting and quality.

However, my understanding is that something changed and the kits are now being cast in-house at Chronicles.

I'm not sure exactly what happened with this, but looking through the thread over on SF again, this reply might be relevant to your post. Presumably it was Collapse Industries he referred to. I just wonder if any other kit producers may be given access to Fons masters or if they actually belong to Chronicle? The Athena class Chronicle teased also looked spectacular but will likely not happen now. I'd love both of them but not looking like the kit toro received. It would be a real shame and a waste if neither of them saw the light of day outside of the 50ish kits produced so far.

It's a total write off, I don't have time to make complex resin kits and the company we had producing them quit to it being very difficult to produce.

I knew making kits would be a disaster and that's exactly what it's become...

Paul

Hi

Well, seeing the artistic director of Chronicle have used some of my own photos only for their interest (in his personal Facebook page, and Statueforum), and has made public without my permission, I finally decided to publish some of my photos and everyone can judge the quality of a kit for $ 650 and licensed.
Chronicle has withdrawn the model, for good reason, and not for "just a few who have complained." They have released a product far short of what it can be considered, good quality, and to avoid damaging the image of your company, that is the reason.

Chronicle - Rodger Young kit (57).JPGChronicle - Rodger Young kit (9).JPGChronicle - Rodger Young kit (14).JPGChronicle - Rodger Young kit (26).JPG

I'm not sure exactly what happened with this, but looking through the thread over on SF again, this reply might be relevant to your post. Presumably it was Collapse Industries he referred to. I just wonder if any other kit producers may be given access to Fons masters or if they actually belong to Chronicle? The Athena class Chronicle teased also looked spectacular but will likely not happen now. I'd love both of them but not looking like the kit toro received. It would be a real shame and a waste if neither of them saw the light of day outside of the 50ish kits produced so far.

Certainly difficult to know what really happened, but in the words of Paul, makes it clear that they did not do things right.

Hi,

what a horrible situation. I really cannot understand why somebody goes true all the trouble to get the rights to produce a kit like this and then drops the ball producing it.
Even if the quality is not good, why not get working on it to get good when you are so far in the game? I really had high hopes for this kit.

First the tankerbug maquette and now this!

Starship troopers derserve some collectibles!

greetings,

BasD

The kits are packed in a plain cardboard box, no presentation at all. Nothing indicates it is a licensed product, so that fact is to be confirmed. If it was the case royalties would have been paid in advance and some Sony marketing dept would have approved the product to be released. I don't they would given the quality of the kit.

Last edited:
Thank you for the pictures, looking at them I am glad I passed on this but was within a few minutes of ordering it when I bought something else. I feel sorry for the people that were so excited for this to only open the box and be upset. So has chronicle offered to refund ? This is still for sale on monsters in motions site so do not get suckered in , it is the same kit.

http://www.monstersinmotion.com/car...-young-35-long-studio-scale-model-kit-p-21626

Hi

Apparently not seem to have had problems with other of its products, but the case of Starship Troopers is quite strange.
Nothing is known about the cancellation of the tank bug, although in the promotional images, their appearance was spectacular, and the quality and presentation of RY compared with other pieces of Chronicle, it is much lower.
Now we find these two pieces of Chronicle, supposedly licensed, and supposedly officially canceled, sold in Monster in Motion:

http://www.monstersinmotion.com/car...-young-35-long-studio-scale-model-kit-p-21626

http://www.monstersinmotion.com/car...ug-studio-scale-prop-replica-maquette-p-20050

And yes, madcow0812, if Chronicle had offered me a refund, I would have returned instantly ... but that will not happen.
So far, They send me 3 missing pieces and a replacement, and that's all for now.
I am insisting on reference images, and they have already sent a new proof of painting, as does the before, but of much better quality.

Regards

César

if Chronicle had offered me a refund, I would have returned instantly ... but that will not happen.
So far, They send me 3 missing pieces and a replacement, and that's all for now.
I am insisting on reference images, and they have already sent a new proof of painting, as does the before, but of much better quality.

Regards

César

Interesting that you weren't offered one. Perhaps you should ask for one as wires seem to be crossed somewhere. Or ask for a replacement kit as they are meant to be being fixed up in house prior to shipping now.

I'm not blaming our customers, I find extremely amusing when someone complains, you offer a full refund and they won't take it. No they would rather you jump through hoops to make it right. I'm okay replacing parts and sending missing parts, but if you just want to stir the pot, that's what I have issues with.

Paul

Hello everyone

Had been days since he not entered Statue Forum, and did not know of the last comments.
I did not ask directly a full refund, then, after I complain about the product received, and be totally unhappy, Chronicle did not offer me any refund at no time only the missing pieces.
Chronicle, is hiding behind the imperfections of the original model, but the model quality received, as we know, is much poorer than the original prop, and I remember a kit for assembling and painting was offered, not a copy full of bubbles and imperfections , all expected a copy of a master, supervised by Fon, who also was disappointed after seeing my pictures.

And by the way, after the time has elapsed, a buyer has appeared to be fully satisfied that its price is in line with its quality, to be happy? for now I have not seen nowhere ...

He insinuates that I am interested in staying this kit as a collector, this thing? to me this if I produce laughter. And as it will be a collector's item, when that same item is still sold? before it was directly Chronicle ... now in Monster in motion ???
For now, I will use this kit as a base to build my Rodger Young (as some I have already commented), and then I'll sell it to anyone interested in a copy of this prop ..

As for the comments of a member of Statue Forum, and comment on without knowing anything about it, and his complete lack of education, I will not comment, I do not want to be at the same level.

Regards

César

Hello everyone

I have received the missing pieces me, but last night, looking at some photos of the original model, I realized that I needed another piece of the original tower, and in the kit instructions does not appear, but clearly is missing that piece,

Is missing only to me or everyone?

Regards

26791978722_ee87286364_b.jpg 26851562296_7a20da2f51_b.jpg

In my case, it was one replacement, and 3 missing parts, and the quality is the same.

I would have liked to see photos in detail of the pieces of other buyers.

Regards

Speaking of 'known ships,' this one just turned up on the Propstore's website.

The number / name doesn't jive with the previous numbers.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• shot0008.jpg
    shot0008.jpg
    476.7 KB · Views: 311
  • shot0010.jpg
    shot0010.jpg
    617.5 KB · Views: 284
  • shot0007.jpg
    shot0007.jpg
    513.6 KB · Views: 256
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back