3-foot Rodger Young?

I picked one of these up from Monsters In Motion, I think it was the last one they had in stock. Looks pretty nice to me, maybe they've addressed some of the issues, or maybe my eye isn't as sharp as some of you. All the parts seem to be there. It is big! Much more imposing in person, even if you know the dimension ahead of time.

Looks like one of the parts might need to be replaced, but customer service at Chronicle seems to be very nice. Doesn't look to be lightable, I think that would be an impossible task to make it light ready, unless the parts are molded in clear.

Reading that vfxhq article is like stepping in a time machine! I worked on the Rodger Young shots at SPI, one of the most fun movies ever to work on.

Do you have any pics of the Athena? It was a beautiful model, but in all the years since the movie came out I've seen only FIVE pics of it! (And three of those were tiny thumbnail-size images.)

Sadly I do not Charles. From what I remember it was just built for that one shot at the end, so it was pretty much a glorified maquette.

Do you have any pics of the Athena? It was a beautiful model, but in all the years since the movie came out I've seen only FIVE pics of it! (And three of those were tiny thumbnail-size images.)

So frustrating! It was a beautiful model, about 54 inches long from what I read. There was also a small version to match the desktop-size Rodger Young miniatures.

I'd love to build an Athena, but I don't have enough clear pics to make out the detailing on it. Looks like a lot of rail gun parts, but without better reference I'd have to just make stuff up. :(

Attachments

• Q3Hpv0t.jpg
    Q3Hpv0t.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 227
  • 10479856_1510947129165127_683656062688830276_o.jpg
    10479856_1510947129165127_683656062688830276_o.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 230
Very nice work!! This is one of the nicest build-ups I've seen of the smaller desktop-size model.

Lol, thank you very much. This is my model I made in 2006 or so. It still stands proudly in my starship troopers collection:)

greetings from the netherlands,

BasD

So frustrating! It was a beautiful model, about 54 inches long from what I read. There was also a small version to match the desktop-size Rodger Young miniatures.

I'd love to build an Athena, but I don't have enough clear pics to make out the detailing on it. Looks like a lot of rail gun parts, but without better reference I'd have to just make stuff up. :(

I can see the prow being used for an alternative Excelsior neck--upside down

Did anybody ever build their Rodger you g model?? Was hoping to see some pics after this long.

Greetings Bas

The kit is so darn bad, that you have to have a lot of courage to start building it. It only serves as a collector's item.

Out of curiosity I would have liked to see also a finished kit, well assembled and painted.

Regards Bas ;)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back