I'm new so, HELP ME? +ArkhamKnight DLC BatmanBeyond Files :)

Been a while, but here's the chest and shoulder straps--

BeyondChestPep.JPG

http://www.4shared.com/file/Ta_OH7nHba/Arkham_Knight_-_Beyond_Chest_A.html

Keep this thread alive...

collinE83 how you decrease the file size into small size? like the torso from 64.6 MB to 5.13 MB for Chest and 4.22 MB for Back?
I'm new for unfolding the pep files

Thanks

Keep this thread alive...

collinE83 how you decrease the file size into small size? like the torso from 64.6 MB to 5.13 MB for Chest and 4.22 MB for Back?
I'm new for unfolding the pep files

Thanks

Through some unknown Pepakura magic, clicking "unfold" and "save as" can automatically reduce the file size down to about 1/3 of the original .pdo so I'm not sure how it was originally saved or why doing this reduces it so much.

The other thing I do is I import the .obj (either the .obj file provided, or just exported from the .pdo file) into Maya and reduce polygons, move vertices, simplify geometry, and move some of the overlapping edges that would interfere with foam building. The original torso has upwards of 25,000 polygons, and the combined total of the chest and back after editing is just over 11,000 which makes unfolding and building much more simple. I wish the model was clean enough that it could just be unfolded directly.

I'm editing the helmet right now, but not reducing the poly count as much, just because it'll be important to keep as much detail as possible.It'll just mostly be removing inside layers and adjusting some of the angles that are too complex for foam.

Last edited:
Through some unknown Pepakura magic, clicking "unfold" and "save as" can automatically reduce the file size down to about 1/3 of the original .pdo so I'm not sure how it was originally saved or why doing this reduces it so much.

The other thing I do is I import the .obj (either the .obj file provided, or just exported from the .pdo file) into Maya and reduce polygons, move vertices, simplify geometry, and move some of the overlapping edges that would interfere with foam building. The original torso has upwards of 25,000 polygons, and the combined total of the chest and back after editing is just over 11,000 which makes unfolding and building much more simple. I wish the model was clean enough that it could just be unfolded directly.

I'm editing the helmet right now, but not reducing the poly count as much, just because it'll be important to keep as much detail as possible.It'll just mostly be removing inside layers and adjusting some of the angles that are too complex for foam.

Ah! I see
Thank you for explanation
You are really kind person

I work with blender, but I will try

Here's the helmet unfolded.

View attachment 546413

http://www.4shared.com/file/IC3MWuA0ba/Arkham_Knight_-_Beyond_Helmet_.html

I wanted to make sure the eye/nose region was buildable before uploading. Luckily it is!

View attachment 546412

I recommend keeping the foam thinner for the eye region, but if you're pro, you can do as you like. I used 2mm for speed, but probably not the best for wearability.

I was unfolded this stuff too, but I think yours better than mine :D

Ah! I see
Thank you for explanation
You are really kind person

I work with blender, but I will try

I was unfolded this stuff too, but I think yours better than mine :D

Thank you for the kind words. I'm still learning the more I unfold, so it just takes practice.

Let us know if there's a certain part you're working on. It takes a lot of time, so if you're working on one part, then I can move to a different area. This way we don't step on eachother's toes and we can complete the unfold faster. :)

Here's the helmet unfolded.

View attachment 546413

http://www.4shared.com/file/IC3MWuA0ba/Arkham_Knight_-_Beyond_Helmet_.html

I wanted to make sure the eye/nose region was buildable before uploading. Luckily it is!

View attachment 546412

I recommend keeping the foam thinner for the eye region, but if you're pro, you can do as you like. I used 2mm for speed, but probably not the best for wearability.
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Ur Awesome!

I've been trying to download these files but I'm having trouble. It sends me to another page and yesterday I think my computer crashed and said I have a possible virus? Is there any other way to get these files?

I've been trying to download these files but I'm having trouble. It sends me to another page and yesterday I think my computer crashed and said I have a possible virus? Is there any other way to get these files?
If it sends u to the 4shared site, it's supposed to do that. Then you click:uiiuui.JPG

I'll just post this for fun since I forgot to do it before.

Used 2mm and 3mm foam. Excuse the caulk I was using to smooth the foam seams, I haven't painted yet.

batman head.jpg

I haven't worked anymore on the unfold, but I'll come back to it in the future.

That's looking Pretty good. I haven't tried to download this yet, I'm getting ready to start on a batman origins armor. Keep it up. I'd like to see how this turns out!

Thank you for the kind words. I'm still learning the more I unfold, so it just takes practice.

Let us know if there's a certain part you're working on. It takes a lot of time, so if you're working on one part, then I can move to a different area. This way we don't step on eachother's toes and we can complete the unfold faster. :)
Thanks a lot sir :)
It really helps. I have always wanted to make the batman beyond armor..and now i can :D
Thanks a million sir.

Completed the forearm, all 30+ pieces of it. I broke it up into layers since it'd be fairly difficult to build with half of it obscured.

View attachment 632953

http://www.4shared.com/file/FAcaK4qLce/Akham_Knight_-_Beyond_Forearm_.html

View attachment 632954

http://www.4shared.com/file/wEGq_dfCce/Akham_Knight_-_Beyond_Forearm_.html

View attachment 632955

http://www.4shared.com/file/V78XbxTmba/Akham_Knight_-_Beyond_Forearm_.html

Last bit of model editing and unfolding for a little while. Good luck!
It would be nice if you could tackle the shin pad next dude! Keep up the good work :)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back