Vader's MPP shroud (update)

roygilsing

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
UPDATE SEE POST #265

Hi everybody,

I can't help it, but I've got to make more OT replica saber parts!
There's a new item which I can soon add to the list of parts at www.WannaWanga.com :

The VADER MPP SHROUD!

It can be used to convert a Heiland flash to an DV MPP saber. It's very accurately copied from a real MPP flash. (thanks to @Sym-Cha).
It'll be made in aluminium and I'm planning on having them coated with the proper black wrinkle paint and will come with the correct thumb screw and D-ring.

Here are some exciting pictures of the CNC machining:
134249469641451281.jpg
177670385739879953.jpg
323197181682529841.jpg
31010611386374683.jpg
69064216928933907.jpg

They will hopefully be ready and for sale mid-August, maybe a little later. Just keep an eye on this thread if you're interested!

I'm posting this here and not in the Project Runs since I'll be selling them through my shop later and there's no need to make a reservation, since I'll be making more when the demand asks for it.

There so many more parts I want to add to the list:
- MPP bulb release with button
- DV ROTJ stunt shroud
- DV ROTJ stunt activation box
- DV ROTJ stunt double ball catch
- etc.!

And of course I still have to make a few more BLUEPRINTS, like: Luke's ROTJ V2, DV sabers, etc.

Cheers,
Roy

*** UPDATE ***

Well, my first batch is ready and available!
Some of you have already found it at WannaWanga: http://wannawanga.com/products/mpp-shroud/

Price is $40

(shipping unfortunately is $20. This is the lowest international shipping price from the Netherlands, since it doesn't fit in an envelope)

View attachment 525579

View attachment 525580

View attachment 525581

Cheers,
Roy

134249469641451281.jpg

177670385739879953.jpg

323197181682529841.jpg

31010611386374683.jpg

69064216928933907.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Vader's MPP shroud

Roy these look fantastic! thank you for all this work! coincidentally I got aggressive with someone on eBay and accidentally won a Parks MPP, and the shroud could really use an upgrade it looks like. Can't wait!

You are a beast.

I will be searching for a Heiland now...

...so I can make an accurate Vader after you make an MPP clamp.

:D

The MPP clamp can be purchased seperately from The Custom Saber Shop ... it's being sold under Graflex/Heiland and is quite accurate and it also comes with a plastic sleeve ... for a reasonable price ... no need for Roy to concentrate on :)

Chaim

Cant say enough good things about The Custom Saber Shop (TCSS).. and its owner Tim!

Just great business dealings over & over! (not to mention good prices!)

Their MPP replica looks suspiciously like Park's, do they have a connection?

Their MPP replica looks suspiciously like Park's, do they have a connection?

Indeed I think their complete MPP is also the same as Parks ... would make sense ... perhaps Roy or any of you guys should contact Tim for 'endcaps only' to become also seperately available to convert a Heiland further?

Chaim

Parks' MPP shroud has black, straight, rounded sidebars, which are only on the ANH v2.
There is more demand for sidebars for ANH v1 (silver, straight, rounded) and ESB (black, angled).

I made my own silver sidebars by hand and a drill press.. but there is of course some wonkiness because they were made by hand.

Roy, Chaim, you guys always make me smile, but my wallet/PayPal hate you. This shroud will fit an MPP, obviously... right?

I also witnessed a CSS MPP clamp pass by my house for a few minutes, and it looked tip top to me too.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back