Help Me Pick a Small Prop from "Iron Man," "Hulk," "Thor," and "The Avengers."

Gimpdiggity

Master Member
Hi guys.

I'm looking for some suggestions here.

I'm working on getting some props together to display in my media room. I'm having nice aluminum plaques made with information about each prop to go with them.

Currently, I am trying to get a prop of some type from each of the Marvel franchises in the MCU. I've got one from "Captain America: The First Avenger:, one from "Guardians of the Galaxy," and I'll have one from "Ant-Man" pretty soon here.

I will worry about trying to get something from each of the actual films after I get something from each franchise...that way I can at least have everything represented and displayed.

They don't have to be anything large. I'd LOVE to have Loki's Scepter, for example, but that's kind of out of my price range for the time being, and I'm planning on TRYING to make one this winter...but that's a different thread altogether.

Here are some examples of what I've got right now, to kind of give an idea of the size and types of things I'm interested in.

From "CA: TFA" I have a Tesseract that glows with LED lights, courtesy of CPTRogers here on RPF.

11699020_10206111657341894_6304695548813188785_o_zps6fgl3fhv.jpg

It has a display plaque that looks like this, from Feezle Nuts also here on RPF:

image1_zps1zomnias.jpg

From "GotG" I have this Baby Groot, from rgriesbeck here on RPF, with a plaque again from Feezle.

11754893_10206128379119928_5680271335827639314_o_zpsndqzr1pp.jpg

image2_zpsy2jdpzti.jpg

Hopefully those give you guys an idea of what I'm kind of looking for, and hopefully you guys can help me come up with some ideas for the other franchises.

I'm looking for something from Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, and the Avengers...

Thanks in advance.

Id go with some Infinity Stones personally. They add light and color to your collection. I went to Target and got the Iron Man helmet and hand that looks like its busting out of the wall. They arent too expensive and it looks really cool. You could do a Kursed stone from Thor. The list goes on.

Whats your price range? Are you looking for completed props or ones you can paint/finish?

Last edited:
Cap, I just saw your Kursed Stone and sent you a message. I like the look of that.

The little things with lights tend to pique my interest, because...well...shiny, right?? :lol

I was thinking about getting some LEDs and mounting them in a "t-shirt display mannequin" then putting a black Stark Industries shirt over it so that I can turn it on and have an Arc Reactor for Iron Man.

Price range is...ummmm...undetermined, really. I'm spending WAY too much money on this stuff...but, it's stopped me from spending any money on RC stuff that I don't use anyway, so that's a good thing.

I'm trying to limit it to around $60 or so per piece...so nothing insane, but nothing super cheap, either.

I think jhusel has some production made Hulk props.

Gordon Gekko is doing a run of Iron Man 2 Whiplash mark 2 arc reactors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright everyone, thanks to CPTRogers, I have found a good option for "Thor" and for "Hulk."

I'll be going with one of the Kursed Stones for "Thor," and a tranquilizer dart for "Hulk." I've also found something for "Avengers: Age of Ultron." For that, I'm going to get a reproduction of the "Stark 65" license plate that was on Tony Stark's Audi in the film.

Now I just need to really work on "Iron Man," and I think for that I'm going to try to do something with an Arc Reactor...not sure if I'll try to get in on one of the project runs, or if I'll end up trying to make my own...but I think that's what I'm going to try to do.

Alright everyone, thanks to CPTRogers, I have found a good option for "Thor" and for "Hulk."

I'll be going with one of the Kursed Stones for "Thor," and a tranquilizer dart for "Hulk." I've also found something for "Avengers: Age of Ultron." For that, I'm going to get a reproduction of the "Stark 65" license plate that was on Tony Stark's Audi in the film.

Now I just need to really work on "Iron Man," and I think for that I'm going to try to do something with an Arc Reactor...not sure if I'll try to get in on one of the project runs, or if I'll end up trying to make my own...but I think that's what I'm going to try to do.

I have a Mark 3 helmet I can send to you for pretty cheap. It needs some TLC. It is very good looking overall, it just has some chips in the resin and needs some spot putty work, and paint. pm me if your interested and ill send you pics. Would be a freat diy project

I have a Mark 3 helmet I can send to you for pretty cheap. It needs some TLC. It is very good looking overall, it just has some chips in the resin and needs some spot putty work, and paint. pm me if your interested and ill send you pics. Would be a freat diy project

Who is the maker?

The pretty good looking MKIV reactor from Toy Legend is going for around $60 on ebay these days. It's from Iron Man 2 though.

Oh and also, I'd use the Tesseract for Avengers, and I'd chase a Cap Compass with Peggy's picture as your Captain America item. There are pretty cheap "close enough" options out there and I think there's even a free file for the picture on the boards.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back