Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Man, I'm one of the few who liked JW a lot and didn't understand everyone's griping. But this? This looks like an utter catastrophe. Like, worse than Lost World, maybe on par with JP3.

I'm with you on this one. I genuinely enjoyed Jurassic World but this... I don't think I have ever been this uninterested in a trailer before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1: Epic fail: jwfk fail.jpg

2: Return in the Restricted Area (The Ford Explorer in JP1) jw2fk.jpg

ill go and watch it for the props, and throw backs. but i dont see any hope for this. I may get flamed for this but i seriously enjoyed the first film, and screamed like a little girl when the young kid picked up the goggles..

I dunno. Too little has been revealed to know much.

The fact that they didn't put much else besides action scenes in the trailer is a bad sign.

After the original Spielberg movie the whole franchise has been low on compelling human characters. The recent ones aren't bad, but they are just, well . . . blah.

Not impressed. Too much CGI. It's time for this franchise to die.

I was intrigued about Jurassic World because they had the park up and running... but that got ruined quickly by that crappy hybrid monster and the stupidity of the characters and making it just another Bay-splosion monster movie.

I'd for one would like to see a dinosaur movie where they have feathers and it isn't a chase/monster movie rip-off, or a weak remake of the first Jurassic Park just like all the JP sequels have been. Heck... Lost World had dinosaurs show up at the EXACT minute marks as in the first movie... down to the SECOND! Talk about "by the numbers" kind of work. And they clearly don't treat the dinosaurs as animals, but as monsters and plot devices. And it's no longer the Stan Winston Studios designs being used.

Will I see this CGI crap-fest? Probably... will I continue to watch JP movies if more come out... probably not, as I simply find it boring where they are taking things.

Last edited:
I'm also excited for this film, but this trailer was only lukewarm for me.

Im curious as to why they only showed things from the first hour of the movie? Has anyone read any reasoning behind this?

Not impressed. Too much CGI. It's time for this franchise to die.

I was intrigued about Jurassic World because they had the park up and running... but that got ruined quickly by that crappy hybrid monster and the stupidity of the characters and making it just another Bay-splosion monster movie.

I'd for one would like to see a dinosaur movie where they have feathers and it isn't a chase/monster movie rip-off, or a weak remake of the first Jurassic Park just like all the JP sequels have been. Heck... Lost World had dinosaurs show up at the EXACT minute marks as in the first movie... down to the SECOND! Talk about "by the numbers" kind of work. And they clearly don't treat the dinosaurs as animals, but as monsters and plot devices. And it's no longer the Stan Winston Studios designs being used.

Will I see this CGI crap-fest? Probably... will I continue to watch JP movies if more come out... probably not, as I simply find it boring where they are taking things.

JW was only a "sequel" for us older viewers. It had none of the original stars in big roles. It came out roughly 20 years after the franchise's original hits. It functioned as a reboot. It only made sense that they went for a Bay-splosion feel and retread storyline.

I'm not saying I liked it better this way. I just understand why they did it.

The box office agreed with them.

I'm also excited for this film, but this trailer was only lukewarm for me.

Im curious as to why they only showed things from the first hour of the movie? Has anyone read any reasoning behind this?

I'd like some source on this to verify, but if it's true, then it's possible that they're listening to people when they say "Don't spoil the ending in the trailer."

I really liked the Super Bowl trailer. Can't find it on YouTube yet.

- - - Updated - - -

I take that back...

Last edited by a moderator:
New trailer takes this in a much more interesting direction than the previous ones, though its a bit too Lost World.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back