Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Poster for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.

DC7x9fxXcAAcZml.jpg:large

They can only get away with using that tagline since they now have Malcolm in it. Pretty boring poster otherwise though :/

They can only get away with using that tagline since they now have Malcolm in it. Pretty boring poster otherwise though :/

Well, it is the very first one for the movie (notably, it's out precisely one year before the release date), so I'm not expecting high end shots from the film. It's purely informative.

All JP posters are boring. And with Ian back, I hope Lost World is NEVER referenced...

I view The Lost World the same way as I view Predator 2. On its own, without looking at it through the First Movie Glasses, it's a good film. Its only crime is being a sequel to an exceptional film.

Jurassic Park III, on the other hand... Yeah, there can be no forgiveness for that.

I view The Lost World the same way as I view Predator 2. On its own, without looking at it through the First Movie Glasses, it's a good film. Its only crime is being a sequel to an exceptional film..

Well, that, and it butchered the crap out a much better book. I think one scene from the book made the movie.

Well, that, and it butchered the crap out a much better book. I think one scene from the book made the movie.

I thought that The Lost World was a sub-par movie based on an equally sub-par novel. I always felt that The Lost World was written to capitalize on the success of Jurassic Park and didn't feel like something that Michael Chrichton had actually planned on writing. But then Jurassic Park was turned into a hugely successful movie and it seemed like Chrichton then decided that he'd write a sequel novel that he could sell the rights to for a sequel movie.

Probably one of the most disappointing things about the original movie for me was turning Hammond into a kindly old grandfather and ditching the obsessed, ruthless, cynical man from the book.

No one would buy it if Richard Attenborough tried playing the jerkass. The man couldn't help but be kindly, even when angry, he was immensely likeable.

I didn't really care for JW after reflecting on it post screening, so I'm not very excited for this. I'm happy to be surprised though, and will likely end up seeing it one way or another. Hopefully it's a little less slick than its predecessor

I always felt that The Lost World was written to capitalize on the success of Jurassic Park and didn't feel like something that Michael Chrichton had actually planned on writing. But then Jurassic Park was turned into a hugely successful movie and it seemed like Chrichton then decided that he'd write a sequel novel that he could sell the rights to for a sequel movie.
That's because it was. TLW was the only sequel Crichton ever wrote, and it's only because fans and Spielberg begged for it. Spielberg moreso because he desired an excuse to do a sequel almost immediately after he finished the first movie. You can really see Crichton's desire to end the entire thing once and for all, even though he had to retcon some of the plot points from the original novel, including Malcolm's death and the Isla Nublar facility not being the REAL dino factory. I've long maintained the idea that DX was written into the book ONLY so Crichton wouldn't be capable of writing a third, because all the dinosaurs were doomed to die.

I can't believe they made ANY sequels to the first film. You'd think that people would learn from the first movie that bringing dinosaurs back to life was a terrible idea. I saw the second movie and hated it. I never saw the third.

Jurassic World was so bad I had to shut it off a quarter of the way through.

And now they're making another one..... smh

I was never a fan of this franchise. I enjoyed the first movie when it came out though I suspect that I wouldn't care too much about it now if I saw it again.

I don't get the appeal personally, but to each their own.

I can't believe they made ANY sequels to the first film. You'd think that people would learn from the first movie that bringing dinosaurs back to life was a terrible idea. I saw the second movie and hated it. I never saw the third.

Jurassic World was so bad I had to shut it off a quarter of the way through.

And now they're making another one..... smh

I was never a fan of this franchise. I enjoyed the first movie when it came out though I suspect that I wouldn't care too much about it now if I saw it again.

I don't get the appeal personally, but to each their own.

Show us on the doll where the raptor hurt you.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back